How to be beautiful: The best lip pencils
Sunday 07 April 2013
Some women can do lipstick – the ones you never see without their signature shade; morning, noon or night, it's still in place, no fading or feathering.
Gwen Stefani is a prime example. Sure, there's probably a make-up artist just out of shot on official occasions, but even papped on the beach, her pillar-box lippy is weirdly consistently perfect. Presumably these women have made some deal with the devil (although not a very clever one if all they asked for was perfect lipstick).
Meanwhile, the rest of us barely make it through the commute without finding our lipstick has dried out or disappeared patchily. This is where most give up and plump for gloss. But the problem with gloss is that it's either too nothing-y or full-on, high-shine porno.
Enter the lip pencil – halfway between a lipstick and a gloss, these babies have enough moisture to be easy-wear but enough pigment for definitive colour. No Faustian pact required.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Common antibiotic linked to increased risk of heart disease
Karl Lagerfeld shoots Eurovision winner Conchita Wurst in suspenders for fashion shoot
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
£65000 - £75000 per annum: Harrington Starr: .NET Developer (4.0, C#, Windows ...
£1 per annum: Harrington Starr: A leading financial software house with its He...
£45000 - £50000 per annum: Harrington Starr: C #Developer (.Net 4.0/4.5/ C#, A...
£1 per annum: Harrington Starr: JQuery Developer JQuery, UI, Tomcat, Java - Tr...