How to be beautiful: The best lip pencils
Sunday 07 April 2013
Some women can do lipstick – the ones you never see without their signature shade; morning, noon or night, it's still in place, no fading or feathering.
Gwen Stefani is a prime example. Sure, there's probably a make-up artist just out of shot on official occasions, but even papped on the beach, her pillar-box lippy is weirdly consistently perfect. Presumably these women have made some deal with the devil (although not a very clever one if all they asked for was perfect lipstick).
Meanwhile, the rest of us barely make it through the commute without finding our lipstick has dried out or disappeared patchily. This is where most give up and plump for gloss. But the problem with gloss is that it's either too nothing-y or full-on, high-shine porno.
Enter the lip pencil – halfway between a lipstick and a gloss, these babies have enough moisture to be easy-wear but enough pigment for definitive colour. No Faustian pact required.
Life & Style blogs
Why you should never make assumptions about people with autism
People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
Sugary drinks are killing 184,000 adults around the world every year, says study
Optical illusion turns blue demon into brunette
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Isis propaganda video shows 25 Syrian soldiers executed by teenage militants in Palmyra
- 2 Number of young homeless people in Britain is 'more than three times the official figures'
- 3 The map showing the most dangerous tourist destinations in Europe, according to the Foreign Office
- 4 Right to die: Belgian doctors rule depressed 24-year-old woman has right to end her life
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
£16000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This family owned, independent ...
£17000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
£17000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: If you are fluent in Japanese a...