How to be beautiful: The best lip pencils
Sunday 07 April 2013
Some women can do lipstick – the ones you never see without their signature shade; morning, noon or night, it's still in place, no fading or feathering.
Gwen Stefani is a prime example. Sure, there's probably a make-up artist just out of shot on official occasions, but even papped on the beach, her pillar-box lippy is weirdly consistently perfect. Presumably these women have made some deal with the devil (although not a very clever one if all they asked for was perfect lipstick).
Meanwhile, the rest of us barely make it through the commute without finding our lipstick has dried out or disappeared patchily. This is where most give up and plump for gloss. But the problem with gloss is that it's either too nothing-y or full-on, high-shine porno.
Enter the lip pencil – halfway between a lipstick and a gloss, these babies have enough moisture to be easy-wear but enough pigment for definitive colour. No Faustian pact required.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...