How To Be Beautiful: The best products for post-marathon
Sunday 14 April 2013
The best beauty advice is the stuff we don't want to hear: things guaranteed to make us look better that cost nothing, such as swapping a macchiato for a glass of water once in a while or making it to bed before "Sailing By" kicks in.
Exercise tops the list of beauty truths we like to pretend we didn't get the memo about, but as thousands take to the streets of the capital next weekend for the London Marathon, those of us who need to hear the word "fire" to pick up the pace may be forced to consider the benefits of a bit of physical exertion.
Not that limping around in a foil blanket is a great look, but there's that undeniable post-run glow – one part increased blood circulation, two parts smugness – that we'd like to emulate.
Whether you're going marathonian or working up to a conservative jog, a few bits of kit make the whole affair a little more pleasant – and since the exercise is gratis, you can feel a little less guilty about splashing on them.
Life & Style blogs
'I am a paedophile': Is our approach to sex offenders helping to create more victims?
Scientists discover 'stroke protection gene' – that also guards against heart attack and migraine
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Parenting gay teens: the book that all parents need to read
Regin: US and UK intelligence services could be responsible for snooping spyware
- 1 Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Halle Berry takes ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry to court for allegedly trying to make daughter look less African-American
- 4 Isis propaganda image showing 'abuse of Muslim woman by soldiers' is actually taken from Hungarian porn film
- 5 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CHESHIRE MARKET TOWN - An exciting and rare o...
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: NORTH HAMPSHIRE - SENIOR POSITION - An exciti...
£29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Gas Installation Engineer is required ...
£28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Domestic Gas Technical Surveyor is req...