How To Be Beautiful: The best products for post-marathon
Sunday 14 April 2013
The best beauty advice is the stuff we don't want to hear: things guaranteed to make us look better that cost nothing, such as swapping a macchiato for a glass of water once in a while or making it to bed before "Sailing By" kicks in.
Exercise tops the list of beauty truths we like to pretend we didn't get the memo about, but as thousands take to the streets of the capital next weekend for the London Marathon, those of us who need to hear the word "fire" to pick up the pace may be forced to consider the benefits of a bit of physical exertion.
Not that limping around in a foil blanket is a great look, but there's that undeniable post-run glow – one part increased blood circulation, two parts smugness – that we'd like to emulate.
Whether you're going marathonian or working up to a conservative jog, a few bits of kit make the whole affair a little more pleasant – and since the exercise is gratis, you can feel a little less guilty about splashing on them.
Life & Style blogs
'Timeless fashion': It may be a paradox, but the industry loves it
The brothel buster: Meet the man who gets paid to have sex with prostitutes
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New exhibition celebrates the evolution of swimwear
Woman, 21, dies after taking contraceptive pill that 'caused fatal blood clot'
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Young Preston fan has play-off hero Jermaine Beckford's shirt stolen from him at Wembley - which then appears for sale on Gumtree
- 4 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 5 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...