How To Be Beautiful: The best products for post-marathon
Sunday 14 April 2013
The best beauty advice is the stuff we don't want to hear: things guaranteed to make us look better that cost nothing, such as swapping a macchiato for a glass of water once in a while or making it to bed before "Sailing By" kicks in.
Exercise tops the list of beauty truths we like to pretend we didn't get the memo about, but as thousands take to the streets of the capital next weekend for the London Marathon, those of us who need to hear the word "fire" to pick up the pace may be forced to consider the benefits of a bit of physical exertion.
Not that limping around in a foil blanket is a great look, but there's that undeniable post-run glow – one part increased blood circulation, two parts smugness – that we'd like to emulate.
Whether you're going marathonian or working up to a conservative jog, a few bits of kit make the whole affair a little more pleasant – and since the exercise is gratis, you can feel a little less guilty about splashing on them.
Life & Style blogs
iPhone 5 battery replacement offered by Apple
36-year-old skeleton of dead baby found inside Indian woman
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
Ebola outbreak: 'Resilient and remarkable' British victim William Pooley administered experimental drug in UK
- 1 Gun instructor accidentally shot dead by nine-year-old girl with Uzi gun
- 2 Miley Cyrus' homeless MTV VMAs date, Jesse Helt, is wanted by the police
- 3 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 4 Pamela Anderson rejects ice bucket challenge because of ALS experiments on animals: 'Mice had holes drilled into their skulls'
- 5 Homer Simpson has taken the ALS ice bucket challenge because of course he has
- < Previous
- Next >
£40000 - £48000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Devel...
£45000 - £60000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C# Swift...
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End Deve...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Graduate C# De...