How To Be Beautiful: The best supplements for skin, hair and nails
Sunday 21 April 2013
Supplements. Note the name. They're not handy replacements for a healthy diet and lifestyle; they're a nice top-up of the nutrients you need to keep skin, hair and nails in good nick – usual suspects such as vitamins A, C and E plus minerals such as zinc, iron and silica.
Possibly just as important is the psychological support: popping a few pills at breakfast time – especially ones expressly linked to your vanity that you've forked out a good few quid for – provides a convincing nudge towards wiser choices.
In the same way that personal training is often just an expensive way of keeping your appointment with a kettlebell, taking morning supplements helps move your brain into that zone where porridge seems a better breakfast than cold pizza.
The strong and sensible don't need this kind of thing, but weak-minded folk like me do, and if – one way or another – it makes my skin and hair nicer, that's just fine by me.
Life & Style blogs
Report finds English children among the unhappiest in world
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
The science of saturated fat: A big fat surprise about nutrition?
The best gowns on the red carpet of 2014 Venice Film Festival
- 1 Ashya King missing: Police hunt five-year-old boy with brain tumour snatched from Southampton hospital by his parents
- 2 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 Botched ice bucket challenge leaves man critically injured after plane drops hundreds of gallons of water
- 5 Friends reunion: Jennifer Aniston, Lisa Kudrow and Courteney Cox perform mini sketch on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- < Previous
- Next >
£450 - £500 per day: Orgtel: SAS Developer, Chester, Banking, DI Studio, £450-...
£20000 - £30000 per annum + OTE £40 - £50K first year: SThree: SThree Group an...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Plymouth: JOB DESCRIPTION - NURSERY ROOM LEADER...