How To Be Beautiful: The best supplements for skin, hair and nails
Sunday 21 April 2013
Supplements. Note the name. They're not handy replacements for a healthy diet and lifestyle; they're a nice top-up of the nutrients you need to keep skin, hair and nails in good nick – usual suspects such as vitamins A, C and E plus minerals such as zinc, iron and silica.
Possibly just as important is the psychological support: popping a few pills at breakfast time – especially ones expressly linked to your vanity that you've forked out a good few quid for – provides a convincing nudge towards wiser choices.
In the same way that personal training is often just an expensive way of keeping your appointment with a kettlebell, taking morning supplements helps move your brain into that zone where porridge seems a better breakfast than cold pizza.
The strong and sensible don't need this kind of thing, but weak-minded folk like me do, and if – one way or another – it makes my skin and hair nicer, that's just fine by me.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...