How To Be Beautiful: The best supplements for skin, hair and nails
Sunday 21 April 2013
Supplements. Note the name. They're not handy replacements for a healthy diet and lifestyle; they're a nice top-up of the nutrients you need to keep skin, hair and nails in good nick – usual suspects such as vitamins A, C and E plus minerals such as zinc, iron and silica.
Possibly just as important is the psychological support: popping a few pills at breakfast time – especially ones expressly linked to your vanity that you've forked out a good few quid for – provides a convincing nudge towards wiser choices.
In the same way that personal training is often just an expensive way of keeping your appointment with a kettlebell, taking morning supplements helps move your brain into that zone where porridge seems a better breakfast than cold pizza.
The strong and sensible don't need this kind of thing, but weak-minded folk like me do, and if – one way or another – it makes my skin and hair nicer, that's just fine by me.
Life & Style blogs
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
The Pirate Bay is back — but key staff have left to start a rival site
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: PMLD Teacher A specialist primary school i...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...