How To Be Beautiful: The best supplements for skin, hair and nails
Sunday 21 April 2013
Supplements. Note the name. They're not handy replacements for a healthy diet and lifestyle; they're a nice top-up of the nutrients you need to keep skin, hair and nails in good nick – usual suspects such as vitamins A, C and E plus minerals such as zinc, iron and silica.
Possibly just as important is the psychological support: popping a few pills at breakfast time – especially ones expressly linked to your vanity that you've forked out a good few quid for – provides a convincing nudge towards wiser choices.
In the same way that personal training is often just an expensive way of keeping your appointment with a kettlebell, taking morning supplements helps move your brain into that zone where porridge seems a better breakfast than cold pizza.
The strong and sensible don't need this kind of thing, but weak-minded folk like me do, and if – one way or another – it makes my skin and hair nicer, that's just fine by me.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 4 Lana Del Rey rape video: Marilyn Manson denies involvement in shocking leaked footage
- 5 Kenya bus attack: Al-Shabaab militants kill 28 non-Muslims who failed to recite Koran
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...