How To Be Beautiful: The buzz on blusher
Sunday 04 March 2012
Blusher is one of the most useful make-up bag items, yet it's also the one we're most likely to misuse. Put to its proper purpose – the addition of a little healthy colour and added dimension – it does its job admirably. It's when we start employing it to create the illusion of cheekbones, manically sculpting in light and shade, that things go awry. This kind of contouring is best left to the professional make-up artist; rendered by an inexpert hand it looks as subtle as a child's painting-by-numbers kit.
The temptation to abuse your pot of blusher is mercifully reduced this season, as soft pinks are everywhere and – unlike tawnier shades – they insist on the creation of a flushed glow rather than super-sharp cheekbones. These rosy tones point to a wider mood in beauty on the spring catwalks that was unreservedly pretty and girlish.
It may sound a bit sappy, but when it comes to blusher, hard edges are best avoided.
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
iPhone 6 'release date' firmed up in leaked photos of Apple smartphone
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 Saudi Arabia executes 19 in one half of August in 'disturbing surge of beheadings'
- 5 Brother and sister, Christopher Buckner and Timothy Savoy, arrested for 'committing incest after watching 'The Notebook''
- < Previous
- Next >
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...