How To Be Beautiful: The buzz on blusher
Sunday 04 March 2012
Blusher is one of the most useful make-up bag items, yet it's also the one we're most likely to misuse. Put to its proper purpose – the addition of a little healthy colour and added dimension – it does its job admirably. It's when we start employing it to create the illusion of cheekbones, manically sculpting in light and shade, that things go awry. This kind of contouring is best left to the professional make-up artist; rendered by an inexpert hand it looks as subtle as a child's painting-by-numbers kit.
The temptation to abuse your pot of blusher is mercifully reduced this season, as soft pinks are everywhere and – unlike tawnier shades – they insist on the creation of a flushed glow rather than super-sharp cheekbones. These rosy tones point to a wider mood in beauty on the spring catwalks that was unreservedly pretty and girlish.
It may sound a bit sappy, but when it comes to blusher, hard edges are best avoided.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Scottish referendum: So how about the English now being given a chance to split from England?
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 London council removes 'unacceptable' Stamford Hill posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
Unpaid Voluntary Position : Reach Volunteering: Volunteer your expertise as Tr...
£68 - £73 per day + Competitive rates of pay based on experience: Randstad Edu...
£69 - £73 per day + Competitive London rates of pay: Randstad Education Group:...
£117 - £157 per day + Competitive London rates: Randstad Education Group: * Pr...