How to be Beautiful: The eyes have it
Sunday 28 October 2012
Some days you just don't feel up to precision make-up – by which we mean anything involving a brush and a steady hand. These are the occasions on which cream eye shadow comes into its own.
We could extol the singular, childish satisfactions of this finger-paint approach, but its primary advantage over powder forms is, obviously, that it can be applied while travelling on public transport with a certain amount of discretion and minimal risk of poking one's eye out.
But even if you're not in the market for a Monday-morning short cut, cream shadow has unique aesthetic appeal, since it's as close as you can get to looking like you're not trying hard.
Naturally, what goes on effortlessly tends to slide off with equal ease, so this is one item worth spending a little more on for extra staying power. But a little creasing and smudging is nothing to be scared of here – in fact, it rather adds to the general sprezzatura of the look.
Life & Style blogs
GTA 5 Online DLC: San Andreas Flight School update brings 16-seater jet plane and more
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
'Long Live the Nazis' spaghetti dish sold in Taiwan renamed after backlash
Common antibiotic linked to increased risk of heart disease
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 4 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£525 - £585 per day: Orgtel: Lead Business Analyst - Investment Banking - Lond...
£20000 - £27000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Analyst- (Desktop Su...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Service Desk Engineer-(Support, S...
£18000 - £30000 per annum + uncapped: SThree: Do you feel you sales role is li...