How to be Beautiful: The eyes have it
Sunday 28 October 2012
Some days you just don't feel up to precision make-up – by which we mean anything involving a brush and a steady hand. These are the occasions on which cream eye shadow comes into its own.
We could extol the singular, childish satisfactions of this finger-paint approach, but its primary advantage over powder forms is, obviously, that it can be applied while travelling on public transport with a certain amount of discretion and minimal risk of poking one's eye out.
But even if you're not in the market for a Monday-morning short cut, cream shadow has unique aesthetic appeal, since it's as close as you can get to looking like you're not trying hard.
Naturally, what goes on effortlessly tends to slide off with equal ease, so this is one item worth spending a little more on for extra staying power. But a little creasing and smudging is nothing to be scared of here – in fact, it rather adds to the general sprezzatura of the look.
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Life & Style blogs
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
A cup of tea is every worker's right
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
Fake goats’ cheese found in supermarkets
Handy hacks that make life easier: New book reveals how to rid your inbox of spam, protect your passwords and amplify your iPhone
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
£100 - £140 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: We are looking for Founda...
Main Teacher Pay Scale : Randstad Education Leeds: Teacher of Psychology An en...
competitive + bonus + benefits: Sauce Recruitment: A global entertainment busi...
£35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: This new opportunity has responsibilities des...