How To Be Beautiful: Tried and trusted products
Sunday 17 March 2013
Beauty, like fashion, feeds on novelty only to a certain extent. Cosmetics' shades and textures change seasonally with the clothes they accompany on the catwalks, but in the same way that there are some things in your wardrobe that thankfully stay pretty much the same year-in, year-out (the classic white tee, a trench coat, your pants… that kind of thing), there are a few essentials in your make-up bag that rarely alter.
That's especially true of skincare: once you find something that works, you never want to be without it again. Which is why the biggest complaint among beauty buyers is the mysterious discontinuation of fave products, cueing frantic eBay trawls to scoop up the final few precious jars.
Happily, some brands know that if people keep buying, they need to keep selling. And there are few better recommendations of a product than a good few years' presence on the shelves of the beauty hall.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 Games of Thrones actor Lena Headey makes emotional promise to her unborn daughter
- 2 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 3 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 4 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
- 5 16-year-old girl beaten and burned alive by lynch mob in Rio Bravo, Guatemala
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...