How To Be Beautiful: Tried and trusted products
Sunday 17 March 2013
Beauty, like fashion, feeds on novelty only to a certain extent. Cosmetics' shades and textures change seasonally with the clothes they accompany on the catwalks, but in the same way that there are some things in your wardrobe that thankfully stay pretty much the same year-in, year-out (the classic white tee, a trench coat, your pants… that kind of thing), there are a few essentials in your make-up bag that rarely alter.
That's especially true of skincare: once you find something that works, you never want to be without it again. Which is why the biggest complaint among beauty buyers is the mysterious discontinuation of fave products, cueing frantic eBay trawls to scoop up the final few precious jars.
Happily, some brands know that if people keep buying, they need to keep selling. And there are few better recommendations of a product than a good few years' presence on the shelves of the beauty hall.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
- 5 Rashida Jones speaks out against male-centric porn saying 'women should have sex and feel good about it'
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...