How To Be Beautiful: Winter hair repair
Sunday 08 January 2012
So, one week in; how's detox-and-diet season going? Whether or not you've signed up for the annual asceticism championships, January is a mean month. In beauty terms, it's a time for retreating to the bathroom for some seasonal damage reparation – a reasonable way of killing a long, dark evening when more sociable activities are off the cards due to self-denial (whether your own or others').
Your hair is a good place to start, since it's likely to have taken a pasting from extra styling, cold weather and central heating lately. Even better, while other areas of your appearance may be calling for an end to indulgence, your locks will love you for treating them to all things unctuous and buttery.
OK, we're talking about slapping them on your head not eating them – two things which, despite irritating beauty rhetoric, bear little comparison – but it's refreshing at this time of year to do something for your physical self that feels kind. And, really, your hair deserves it. It is, after all, one part of the body that can be relied upon not to gain an ounce.
Life & Style blogs
Hair loss explained: How and why men go bald
This is how to react when you receive a terrible birthday present
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
Ashley Madison hacker could be posting on Twitter as 'Thadeus Zu', researcher claims
- 1 Video of Irish 'professional boxer' fighting Istanbul neighbourhood goes viral in Turkey
- 2 Novel Scarlett Johansson tried to ban, Grégoire Delacourt’s The First Thing You See, to be published in UK
- 3 A pint of water every day is the key to losing weight, scientists say
- 4 Russia 'accidentally reveals' number of its soldiers killed in eastern Ukraine
- 5 Carol Vorderman reveals she is 'covered in burns' after she fell off her treadmill while running naked
£13000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to be part of a ...
£19000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT and Telecoms company ar...
£23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Visitor Fundraising Team is responsi...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...