How To Get The Look: Holiday sandals
Sunday 22 June 2014
No problem, I got this one. Free World Cup flip-flops
Please, a flip-flop isn't a sandal, it's a temporary solution to wet varnish on your toenails. I guess you're also restocking your underwear drawer with paper pants from the beauty salon?
That would be consistent with the Brazilian theme, but OK, no flip- flops beyond the beach, then
Good, they're terrible for walking anyway. Plus you'd be a fool to pass up on the myriad flat sandal styles around this summer. Jewelled sliders, classics Birkenstocks – flatties have never been better.
I somehow feel short-changed with a flat
You get less engineering for your money, sure. But what's great right now is that chunky flat-forms or sturdier strides have replaced barely there pancake-flat thongs. More comfortable and more flattering on legs that aren't pin-thin.
Warming up to this idea now…
Take a bargain way in to the trend with these white Fleet sandals from Asos (£35, asos.com, pictured above) which combine classic Grecian style with a chunky sole. A touch more glam, KG by Kurt Geiger has a simple thick-soled flat sandal in nude, with ankle strap and a simple crystal-embellished band across the toes (£70, kurtgeiger.com). They're called Night, for which they'd be perfectly appropriate.
Life & Style blogs
What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
iPhone 6s photos leak shows new phone will be thicker than iPhone 6, could make cases defunct
Women really are more attracted to men who make them laugh, study finds
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
- 1 What marriage would look like if we actually followed the Bible
- 2 If these extraordinarily powerful images of a dead Syrian child washed up on a beach don't change Europe's attitude to refugees, what will?
- 3 'Heartbreaking' Syria orphan photo wasn't taken in Syria and not of orphan
- 4 Bob Geldof offers to take four refugee families into his home 'immediately' as he condemns humanitarian crisis as a ‘f**king disgrace'
- 5 Orthorexia nervosa: How becoming obsessed with healthy eating can lead to malnutrition
£37040 - £43600 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The UK's export credit agency a...
£25000 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides a compreh...
£16800 - £19500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Would you like to join an organ...
£25000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: In the last five years this com...