How to get the look: Leather goods
Sunday 29 December 2013
Desist now! I will never, ever wear leather leggings
Silly. The last thing I would recommend now would be a skin-tight, trend-driven buy. It might be high shopping season but this is the riskiest moment for dropping your Christmas gift vouchers or any residual cash.
But all those lovely clothes I wanted before Christmas are going cheap!
You mean last season's stuff? Which will soon look tired come spring? You know the mantra: when your mind is fugged by sale signs, buy only classics.
Hmm, I'm not really into black shifts and cashmere sweaters
I appreciate the dilemma. But if there's one area where even the most fashion-forward can stand a bit of classicism, it's accessories. When the post-Christmas shopping bug bites, invest in one thing, regardless of whether it's on sale, that will give your wardrobe a boost week in, week out.
So by leather you mean handbags and shoes?
Exactly. First, they fit, regardless of your winter weight. Second, the trend dynamics of accessories aren't too frenetic. I love this Hamilton tote from Michael by Michael Kors (picture above, £310, my-wardrobe.com) – quite the bargain even at full price, frankly. I'm also keen on Loeffler Randall's three-tone rider bag (£440, my-wardrobe.com) – a lady-like style given a punchy spin.
Life & Style blogs
How Old Do I Look: Microsoft’s super advanced age-guessing app is terrible at guessing how old celebrities are, too
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
The 12 most sexually satisfied countries in the world revealed
ZX Spectrum to return with Vega reboot
Uploading pictures to find out how old you are gives Microsoft the right to post them wherever they want
- 1 Oxygen-starved 'dead zones' with no marine life up to 100-miles long discovered in the Atlantic Ocean
- 2 The man who filmed the Freddie Gray video has been arrested at gunpoint
- 3 Indonesia executions: Death row British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford will refuse to wear a blindfold when she faces firing squad
- 4 How the language you speak changes your view of the world
- 5 Tory activist asked to step down after Labour candidate Rupa Huq is 'manhandled' while questioning Boris Johnson on the campaign trail
£28000 - £45000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Senior Digital Marketing Cons...
£16640 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An Assistant Stores Keeper is r...
£16000 - £18500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an excellent opportunit...
£17000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Developer required to join a bu...