How to Get the Look: Little boots
Sunday 13 July 2014
Ooh, I used to like her! What's she doing these days?
If you mean the Lancashire electro-popstrel of "Remedy" fame, she had a new album out not long back. But think on little boots of a different kind – not little as in regular boots/small size, but actually rather scantily cut boots.
Ah ha, open-toe boot season again.
Getting warmer (or maybe cooler), but no – we're still in conventional boot territory, just at the lighter, ever so slightly daintier end of the spectrum.
And why do I need a daintier pair of boots?
"Need" is never the word, but if we're going for a pragmatic rationale, then they're a little less stifling for your soles in warmer months. Plus, a low-slung pair such as these Marion pointed leopard-print ankle boots will do double duty with either short hemlines or skinny jeans (£170, ganni.com, pictured above). And that's good holiday packing practice.
That's a lot of leopard for a little boot. Plainer please.
Boring! Although if you want understated but not dull, Asos's Agent-style low-cut Chelseas in monochrome black and white are just the ticket (also available in plain black or tan, £50, asos.com).
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
The truth behind who really buys sex dolls, from the man who makes the most realistic ones you can buy
- 1 Barbarians vs Samoa interrupted by sprinklers as fans criticise lack of Wi-Fi and poor seating at West Ham's Olympic Stadium
- 2 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...