How to get the look: Rain boots
Sunday 24 November 2013
Just what I was after for the office do.
Ah, you'll but you'll be so much more grateful for these than any slinky LBD or bingo-wing cover-up. Christmas party season, let's not forget, usually comes accompanied by large amounts of rain, snow and sleet.
I usually just power through in ballet pumps.
As do many of us. But there are few things so enjoyable – or infrequent – as the feeling of being adequately clothed in winter.
So wellies until next March in case of sudden showers?
Not wellies; rain boots!
Aren't all boots suitable for rain?
Oddly, given the number of peep-toes and cut-aways, the last thing you'd expect a boot to be nowadays is waterproof. I can't pretend these natural rubber Freya boots from Ilse Jacobsen (£135, plumo.com, pictured above) will take you from boardroom to barstool, but they're torrent-proof and stylish enough for daywear.
They still look more country than town to me.
Urbanites are entitled to a bit of rural chic. Don these on a Sunday and start tramping about your local park as if it's your estate in the shires. Alternatively, JuJu's jelly boots in glitter (£45, urbanoutfitters.co.uk) will distinguish you more firmly from the green-wellie brigade.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...