How to get the look: Rain boots
Sunday 24 November 2013
Just what I was after for the office do.
Ah, you'll but you'll be so much more grateful for these than any slinky LBD or bingo-wing cover-up. Christmas party season, let's not forget, usually comes accompanied by large amounts of rain, snow and sleet.
I usually just power through in ballet pumps.
As do many of us. But there are few things so enjoyable – or infrequent – as the feeling of being adequately clothed in winter.
So wellies until next March in case of sudden showers?
Not wellies; rain boots!
Aren't all boots suitable for rain?
Oddly, given the number of peep-toes and cut-aways, the last thing you'd expect a boot to be nowadays is waterproof. I can't pretend these natural rubber Freya boots from Ilse Jacobsen (£135, plumo.com, pictured above) will take you from boardroom to barstool, but they're torrent-proof and stylish enough for daywear.
They still look more country than town to me.
Urbanites are entitled to a bit of rural chic. Don these on a Sunday and start tramping about your local park as if it's your estate in the shires. Alternatively, JuJu's jelly boots in glitter (£45, urbanoutfitters.co.uk) will distinguish you more firmly from the green-wellie brigade.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Liam Gallagher brands Kanye West 'utter s**t' during BRIT Awards performance
- 2 Isis burns thousands of books and rare manuscripts from Mosul's libraries
- 3 People who sleep more than eight hours are more likely to have a stroke, research shows
- 4 Kanye West climbs on table at Nando's to crowd chants of 'Yeezus' before Brit Awards 2015 performance of 'All Day'
- 5 New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This small, friendly, proactive...
£14500 - £22800 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Software Developer is required to join a lea...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: A first rate opportunity to join a top ranking...