How to get the look: Rain boots
Sunday 24 November 2013
Just what I was after for the office do.
Ah, you'll but you'll be so much more grateful for these than any slinky LBD or bingo-wing cover-up. Christmas party season, let's not forget, usually comes accompanied by large amounts of rain, snow and sleet.
I usually just power through in ballet pumps.
As do many of us. But there are few things so enjoyable – or infrequent – as the feeling of being adequately clothed in winter.
So wellies until next March in case of sudden showers?
Not wellies; rain boots!
Aren't all boots suitable for rain?
Oddly, given the number of peep-toes and cut-aways, the last thing you'd expect a boot to be nowadays is waterproof. I can't pretend these natural rubber Freya boots from Ilse Jacobsen (£135, plumo.com, pictured above) will take you from boardroom to barstool, but they're torrent-proof and stylish enough for daywear.
They still look more country than town to me.
Urbanites are entitled to a bit of rural chic. Don these on a Sunday and start tramping about your local park as if it's your estate in the shires. Alternatively, JuJu's jelly boots in glitter (£45, urbanoutfitters.co.uk) will distinguish you more firmly from the green-wellie brigade.
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' must be averted, warn scientists
Life & Style blogs
American Apparel reveals 62-year-old Jacky O’Shaughnessy as underwear model
Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Titanfall: Release date, gameplay basics, DLC and everything else you need to know
- 1 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 2 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
- 5 Sharknado 2: Former WWE wrestler Kurt Angle to fight second wave of flying sharks
£1000 per month: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ban...
VOLUNTARY ONLY - EXPENSES REIMBURSED : Reach Volunteering: Fantastic opportuni...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Cardiff: Randstad Education Cardiff require a W...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Preston: Randstad Education is urgently recruit...