How to get the look: Rollnecks
Sunday 10 November 2013
I know, right? With the exception perhaps of "open fire" and "suet pudding", there are few things that better convey seasonal cosiness.
Exactly. But extreme comfort is pretty much antithetical to fashion
Yeah, it feels like that sometimes, which is why you must leap on those glorious items that fall within the Venn diagram overlap of "cool" and "comfy". The rollneck is one such intersection.
Rollnecks are cool?
OK, so they're not a short cut to hipness per se. But they have a certain timeless style – a little bit preppy and prim, unfussy yet sensuous. Listen, French women like them – are you sold now?
Absolutely. How do I wear one à la Parisienne?
If you want to go straight classic, then with good jeans, boots and shiny hair. This heart-stitch sweater from Hush has a nice texture (pictured, £85, hush-uk.com). Personally, I like the idea of working a rollneck into a look with a bit more vintage character, so you could pair Zara's black cable-knit (£35.99, zara.com) with a midi skirt and ballet pumps, then make like Anna Karina in an early Godard film.
Life & Style blogs
Persistent heartburn 'could be a sign of cancer', new survey warns
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Apple stopped a fingerprint scanner from appearing in Google’s Nexus 6
SAG Awards 2015: Best and worst gowns on the red carpet
- 1 Asteroid narrowly scrapes past Earth: how to watch the closest space rock for decades as it flies by
- 2 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 3 The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
- 4 British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
- 5 Watch Richard Dawkins read his own hatemail: 'I hope you do get sodomised by satanic monkeys in hell'
£38000 - £42000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: One of the UK's best performing...
£35000 - £43000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Our award-winning client is one...
£15000 - £21000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of Atlas ...
£18000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Opportunity to join established...