How to get the look: Rollnecks
Sunday 10 November 2013
I know, right? With the exception perhaps of "open fire" and "suet pudding", there are few things that better convey seasonal cosiness.
Exactly. But extreme comfort is pretty much antithetical to fashion
Yeah, it feels like that sometimes, which is why you must leap on those glorious items that fall within the Venn diagram overlap of "cool" and "comfy". The rollneck is one such intersection.
Rollnecks are cool?
OK, so they're not a short cut to hipness per se. But they have a certain timeless style – a little bit preppy and prim, unfussy yet sensuous. Listen, French women like them – are you sold now?
Absolutely. How do I wear one à la Parisienne?
If you want to go straight classic, then with good jeans, boots and shiny hair. This heart-stitch sweater from Hush has a nice texture (pictured, £85, hush-uk.com). Personally, I like the idea of working a rollneck into a look with a bit more vintage character, so you could pair Zara's black cable-knit (£35.99, zara.com) with a midi skirt and ballet pumps, then make like Anna Karina in an early Godard film.
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
Anti-depressants can change how the brain works in just hours
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
The 'Angelina Jolie effect': Her mastectomy revelation doubled NHS breast cancer testing referrals
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 The response to my Pizza Express review has been overwhelming, and taught me a lot about journalism
- 5 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned into a PR disaster
£75 - £90 per day + negotiable: Randstad Education Group: Are you a cover supe...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...