How to get the look: Rollnecks
Sunday 10 November 2013
I know, right? With the exception perhaps of "open fire" and "suet pudding", there are few things that better convey seasonal cosiness.
Exactly. But extreme comfort is pretty much antithetical to fashion
Yeah, it feels like that sometimes, which is why you must leap on those glorious items that fall within the Venn diagram overlap of "cool" and "comfy". The rollneck is one such intersection.
Rollnecks are cool?
OK, so they're not a short cut to hipness per se. But they have a certain timeless style – a little bit preppy and prim, unfussy yet sensuous. Listen, French women like them – are you sold now?
Absolutely. How do I wear one à la Parisienne?
If you want to go straight classic, then with good jeans, boots and shiny hair. This heart-stitch sweater from Hush has a nice texture (pictured, £85, hush-uk.com). Personally, I like the idea of working a rollneck into a look with a bit more vintage character, so you could pair Zara's black cable-knit (£35.99, zara.com) with a midi skirt and ballet pumps, then make like Anna Karina in an early Godard film.
Life & Style blogs
Biggest structure in the universe is huge hole, scientists find
Kylie Jenner challenge: Strange lip suction device inspired by Kardashian sister goes viral
Female student 'burned up from the inside' and dies after taking eight DNP diet pills
Loch Ness Monster: Google Maps unveils its Doodle and Nessie Street View
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin file for divorce after 10 years of marriage
- 2 Rarest Beanie Baby bought for just £10 at car boot sale could be sold for £62,500 on eBay
- 3 Katie Hopkins and The Sun editor David Dinsmore reported to police for incitement to racial hatred following migrant boat column
- 4 Bookies now say Ed Miliband is more likely to be prime minister than David Cameron
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
£18000 - £23000 per annum + competitive: SThree: Trainee Recruitment Consultan...
£22000 - £25900 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Company is expanding and th...
£27000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Corporate Account Manager is ...
£7 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This award winning conference venues provider...