How to get the look: Rollnecks
Sunday 10 November 2013
I know, right? With the exception perhaps of "open fire" and "suet pudding", there are few things that better convey seasonal cosiness.
Exactly. But extreme comfort is pretty much antithetical to fashion
Yeah, it feels like that sometimes, which is why you must leap on those glorious items that fall within the Venn diagram overlap of "cool" and "comfy". The rollneck is one such intersection.
Rollnecks are cool?
OK, so they're not a short cut to hipness per se. But they have a certain timeless style – a little bit preppy and prim, unfussy yet sensuous. Listen, French women like them – are you sold now?
Absolutely. How do I wear one à la Parisienne?
If you want to go straight classic, then with good jeans, boots and shiny hair. This heart-stitch sweater from Hush has a nice texture (pictured, £85, hush-uk.com). Personally, I like the idea of working a rollneck into a look with a bit more vintage character, so you could pair Zara's black cable-knit (£35.99, zara.com) with a midi skirt and ballet pumps, then make like Anna Karina in an early Godard film.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 2 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 3 Reading Festival 2014: Tesco branch replaces salad and potatoes for Jagermesiter and vodka
- 4 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 5 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
£50000 - £60000 Per Annum + excellent company benefits: Clearwater People Solu...
£65000 - £70000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based i...
£25000 - £30000 Per Annum: The Green Recruitment Company: Job Title: Energy En...
£475 - £550 per day + competitive: Orgtel: Senior Technical Accountant-Insuran...