How to get the look: Totally tropical
Sunday 18 May 2014
Sounds like a new take on the 'cruise' collection
Well there's certainly a soupçon of summer-holiday spirit here. I mean, fashion loves a dark subtext, but it's equally happy with a very literal visual reference that's as frothy as a piña colada. Hence the profusion of pineapples splashed across clothes and accessories as we head towards summer.
Tasty. Sounds pretty 1980s
The brasher end of the trend – emblazoned oversize tees, big earrings – has a bit of a Cocktail feel that would go well with a scrunchie, a pair of bikini bottoms and a bottle of Hawaiian Tropic.
Well, that's my holiday wardrobe sorted for St Ives. Suggestions for interpreting the trend chez moi?
These pineapple-print chinos (above, £79, plumo.com) are bold in print but subtle in pineapple – they look a bit more abstract from afar – and are perfect for injecting a bit of fruity humour into your casual everyday-wear.
And if we're avoiding drawing attention to our derrière?
For an easy toe-dip into this trend, try Hush's sweet, sketchy black-and-white pineapple-print tee (£30, hush-uk.com). Pineapple-style hairdo, also popular these days, optional.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 2 Licence fee: What is the BBC charge – and how will the changes affect you?
- 3 This is what the photographer has to say about the picture of a weasel riding a woodpecker
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
£16000 - £46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£9 - £13 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity to join a s...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Have you got a proven track rec...
£15000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a great opportunity for...