How to get the look: White boots
Sunday 16 March 2014
Excellent. Practicality first, as usual.
C'mon, if there was an issue with white things being close to the floor, then Persian cats wouldn't have been invented.
OK. At least these aren't stilettoes.
Nope, too TOWIE, too obvious. The beauty of a white boot is that it takes something that you associate with inclement pavement conditions and gives it a nice springtime overhaul. Plus, these white-suede babies, by purveyors of Scandi cool Acne, have a pleasingly resolute plainness that is very now (£380, my-wardrobe.com, above).
Did you say 'white' suede? Elvis's predicament pales by comparison.
Ahem, yes. OK, so don't do any partner-dancing with anyone who has two muddy left feet in these. And for goodness' sake, 'proof them before you hit the street. But unless you're planning to make these your dogwalking go-to footwear, you should be fine.
White suede, sincerely, has no place in my life. Alternatives…
OK, Whistles' Maya gladiator sandals are flat-but-not-too-flat and made from slightly less high-maintenance leather. Comfortable and cool, they will serve you very well this summer (£225, whistles.co.uk).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...