Men's bomber jackets: Metallic or embroidered, floral or zipped, big-impact jackets are the way to stand out this season
Friday 16 May 2014
Men's bomber jackets have come a long way from their regulation aviation roots: the MA1 bomber was designed to provide warmth and flexibility in the cockpit not a scenario most modern shoppers need to worry about.
This season the bomber, and its close friend the baseball jacket, has been given an update thanks to luxury fabrics, vibrant prints and the sharpest of cuts.
Unsurprisingly, both high street and high end labels have embraced the jacket of the season with sleek styles ranging from retro to modern sports luxe.
Admittedly, this new take on the baseball jacket would look entirely out of place on the field, but thankfully hothouse florals and metallic leathers are perfectly pitched for a summer of spectator sports.
Read more: Take flight in a bomber jacket
Photographs: Brian Daly
Styling: Lee Holmes
Model: Fernando at Next Model Management
Grooming: Craig Taylor, using Kiehl's Stylist Series
Life & Style blogs
The Evil Within preview: a survival horror fan’s best worst nightmare
Porn film production likely to stop in Los Angeles after actor tests positive for HIV
The 3D-printed key that can unlock anything
Ice Bucket Challenge: ALS Association doesn't yet know what to do with all of the money raised
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
- 1 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 2 Oil tanker with $100 million cargo goes missing off Texas coast
- 3 George Galloway left with severe bruising after attack in Notting Hill by man 'shouting about the Holocaust'
- 4 A teacher speaks out: 'I'm effectively being forced out of a career that I wanted to love'
- 5 Lady al-Qa’ida: On the trail of Dr Aafia Siddiqui, the world’s most wanted prisoner
- < Previous
- Next >
£28000 - £30000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Junior VB.NET ...
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Web De...
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: HAMPSHIRE MARKET TOWN - A highly attr...
£35000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Network Engineer (CCNP, CCNA, Linux, OSPF,...