Men's bomber jackets: Metallic or embroidered, floral or zipped, big-impact jackets are the way to stand out this season
Friday 16 May 2014
Men's bomber jackets have come a long way from their regulation aviation roots: the MA1 bomber was designed to provide warmth and flexibility in the cockpit not a scenario most modern shoppers need to worry about.
This season the bomber, and its close friend the baseball jacket, has been given an update thanks to luxury fabrics, vibrant prints and the sharpest of cuts.
Unsurprisingly, both high street and high end labels have embraced the jacket of the season with sleek styles ranging from retro to modern sports luxe.
Admittedly, this new take on the baseball jacket would look entirely out of place on the field, but thankfully hothouse florals and metallic leathers are perfectly pitched for a summer of spectator sports.
Read more: Take flight in a bomber jacket
Photographs: Brian Daly
Styling: Lee Holmes
Model: Fernando at Next Model Management
Grooming: Craig Taylor, using Kiehl's Stylist Series
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...