Prim but sexy: How to wear court shoes
Sunday 14 July 2013
You know nobody sees your feet on jury service?
Very droll, although you are on to something. Courts are exactly the kind of apparel you'd choose for a day in the dock. Spiky but fragile, sexy yet prim – you don't get character like that from a wedge.
Beyond trial dates, any other suitable occasions? The cost-per-wear is looking quite high
Courts did used to feel a bit boardroom/boring, but they've reasserted themselves of late as a grown-up alternative to platforms for day and night. Wear them with pencil skirts and slim pants for work, then pair with higher hemlines or full skirts for leisure.
They sure don't look as comfortable as platforms
They aren't. So think about something more modest than a skyscraper when it comes to heel height. Around the 8cm mark – like this snake-print monochrome Catherine style (pictured above, £240, kurtgeiger.com) – is doable. Unless you're a pro, save the 11cm-ers for nights out involving taxis and restaurant banquettes.
What about my cankles?
What indeed. Larger-proportioned accessories, including bags and watches, do have a slight advantage in terms of slimming your limbs. That said, there are still a few tricks available here – Raoul's lovely Sesame courts are a classic in a pleasingly leg-lengthening nude shade (£190, my-wardrobe.com).
Life & Style blogs
- 1 All Blacks Aaron Cruden misses New Zealand flight after drinking session, has brilliant excuse
- 2 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 3 'F*ck it, I quit': TV reporter Charlo Greene quits live on air in spectacular fashion
- 4 Alicia Keys leaks nude photo 'to create a kinder and more peaceful world'
- 5 Clothes store Joy angers mental health campaigners with Twitter exchange on bipolar disorders
£300 - £350 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Pharmaceutical Computer ...
£70 - £90 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Higher Level Teaching Assist...
£50 - £80 per day: Randstad Education Birmingham: Randstad Education is the UK...
£400 - £450 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is currently ...