Sartorial Ali: the newest street-style superstar is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin
Ali is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin. At 9:05am every morning, he walks past a café in which Zoe Spawton, an Australian photographer, works shifts. He dresses impeccably in a variety of suits, hats, denim, camouflage – everything – and always perfectly coordinated.
Impressed, Spawton dashed out last August to ask Ali if she could take his photo. He agreed and the pair have repeated their shoot 20 times, building up a sweet rapport and a wonderful online gallery called “What Ali Wore”.
Some high-profile tweets this week have boosted the blog’s audience. The latest photo, posted yesterday, shows Ali in a suit. “I feel as though he might have had an inkling that there would be a few more people seeing his photo today,” Spawton writes.
Despite not sharing a language, the pair have been apple picking and, during a chance encounter on a tram, Spawton learned that Ali used to be a doctor and has 18 children.
See him in all his glory at alioutfit.tumblr.com.
Life & Style blogs
McDonald's is finally trialling all-day breakfast
Apple expands reuse and recycle scheme, letting Android phones be swapped for iPhones
Replica Back to the Future Hoverboard released
When did the Eiffel Tower open to the public? Six things you didn't know about iconic structure
Pacman Google Maps: company offers chance to play classic arcade game on real streets
- 1 Britain First 'acting like Ukip henchmen' by invading meeting of activists in revenge for pub protest against Nigel Farage
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Tidal: Jay Z's Spotify rival streaming service criticised for making wealthy artists even richer
- 4 Brixton squat flats now costing up to £3k per month show how out of control rent is in London
- 5 A new (old) cure for MRSA? Revolting recipe from the Dark Ages may be key to defeat infection
£45000 - £50000 per annum + benefits : Ashdown Group: A highly successful, glo...
£35000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
£25000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing digital agenc...
£50000 - £100000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a newly-created partne...