Sartorial Ali: the newest street-style superstar is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin
Ali is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin. At 9:05am every morning, he walks past a café in which Zoe Spawton, an Australian photographer, works shifts. He dresses impeccably in a variety of suits, hats, denim, camouflage – everything – and always perfectly coordinated.
Impressed, Spawton dashed out last August to ask Ali if she could take his photo. He agreed and the pair have repeated their shoot 20 times, building up a sweet rapport and a wonderful online gallery called “What Ali Wore”.
Some high-profile tweets this week have boosted the blog’s audience. The latest photo, posted yesterday, shows Ali in a suit. “I feel as though he might have had an inkling that there would be a few more people seeing his photo today,” Spawton writes.
Despite not sharing a language, the pair have been apple picking and, during a chance encounter on a tram, Spawton learned that Ali used to be a doctor and has 18 children.
See him in all his glory at alioutfit.tumblr.com.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Paris Fashion Week: Skirting the issue for the stylish boys' brigade
Losing appetite as you age? Try adding umami flavour to restore the 'joy of taste'
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
Miss Universe 2015: A beefeater, a yellow tree and an entire hockey game - the bizarre national costumes
- 1 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 2 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Warriors in ancient Iraq suffered Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder more than 3,000 years ago, say researchers
- 5 This crazy skiing video will leave you feeling queasy
£25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Busy, friendly and creative marketing ag...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: IT Support Analyst - Wes...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Office and HR Administrat...