Sartorial Ali: the newest street-style superstar is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin
Ali is a Turkish tailor living in Berlin. At 9:05am every morning, he walks past a café in which Zoe Spawton, an Australian photographer, works shifts. He dresses impeccably in a variety of suits, hats, denim, camouflage – everything – and always perfectly coordinated.
Impressed, Spawton dashed out last August to ask Ali if she could take his photo. He agreed and the pair have repeated their shoot 20 times, building up a sweet rapport and a wonderful online gallery called “What Ali Wore”.
Some high-profile tweets this week have boosted the blog’s audience. The latest photo, posted yesterday, shows Ali in a suit. “I feel as though he might have had an inkling that there would be a few more people seeing his photo today,” Spawton writes.
Despite not sharing a language, the pair have been apple picking and, during a chance encounter on a tram, Spawton learned that Ali used to be a doctor and has 18 children.
See him in all his glory at alioutfit.tumblr.com.
Life & Style blogs
Husband creates spreadsheet detailing wife's 'excuses' for turning down sex
Watching TV after work makes you feel 'guilty and like a failure'
NHS medics are being lured away to Australia by more money, status and sunshine, survey suggests
Xiaomi Mi4: 'Chinese Apple' launches flagship mobile to challenge iPhone
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
- 1 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 2 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 3 Exclusive: Cameron’s Big Society in tatters as charity watchdog launches investigation into claims of Government funding misuse
- 4 Satellite full of sexually experimental geckos adrift in space, Russia loses control of mission
- 5 Israel has discovered that it's no longer so easy to get away with murder in the age of social media
Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: MANCHESTER - Senior Employment Solici...
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...