Slope off: The best beauty products for a skiing trip
Saturday 11 February 2012
1. Skin insulator SPF15
Borage seed oil provides skin with oxygenating nutrients essential for faces exposed to cold conditions – ideal when you're hitting the slopes this winter.
£31, Ole Henriksen, 020-7235 5000
2. Intensive treatment foot oil
Give your ski-feet some much-needed TLC with this intensive foot oil. Simply spray on and massage in.
£20, Margaret Dabbs London, 020-7938 5047
3. Sea buckthorn hand cream
Extra care is needed for hands in cold climes, so try this cream which contains the anti-oxidant properties of sea buckthorn to nourish and protect.
£6.95, Weleda, 0115 944 8222
4. Lip balm SPF20
Delicate lips should be protected with a high SPF at all times when on the mountains. This popular lip balm with a SPF of 20 is a reasonably-priced option.
£3.99, Neutrogena, boots.com
5. Fitness body oil
After a day on the slopes and a relaxing bath, rub in this body oil to soothe away muscle aches and pains.
£30, ESPA, 01252 352 231
6. Mountain sun cream SPF50+
Especially designed for winter sports, this protective sun cream is sweat- and water-resistant and will fit nicely into your ski jacket for on-the-go top-ups.
£8.99, Piz Buin, 0845 6015 792
Life & Style blogs
Karl Lagerfeld's famous cat made £2m last year - that's more than Cara Delevingne earned
Google April Fools': company unveils backwards search engine and huggable digital assistant
Fast food Britain: The number of takeaways soars across the nation's high streets
Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
Apple Watch: What is it good for?
- 1 Rape threats, death threats and a police investigation after video poking fun at an Islamic Party in Malaysia goes viral
- 2 Katie Hopkins attacked me on Twitter — so I reported her to the police for inciting racial hatred
- 3 Gamers confess the worst things they've done in The Sims
- 4 6-year-old writes ice cold Valentine's card to his stepmother
- 5 Syrian child photographed 'surrendering to camera because she thought it was a gun'
£22000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£23000 - £28000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing boutique prac...
£18000 - £22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Working closely with the market...