Slope off: The best beauty products for a skiing trip
Saturday 11 February 2012
1. Skin insulator SPF15
Borage seed oil provides skin with oxygenating nutrients essential for faces exposed to cold conditions – ideal when you're hitting the slopes this winter.
£31, Ole Henriksen, 020-7235 5000
2. Intensive treatment foot oil
Give your ski-feet some much-needed TLC with this intensive foot oil. Simply spray on and massage in.
£20, Margaret Dabbs London, 020-7938 5047
3. Sea buckthorn hand cream
Extra care is needed for hands in cold climes, so try this cream which contains the anti-oxidant properties of sea buckthorn to nourish and protect.
£6.95, Weleda, 0115 944 8222
4. Lip balm SPF20
Delicate lips should be protected with a high SPF at all times when on the mountains. This popular lip balm with a SPF of 20 is a reasonably-priced option.
£3.99, Neutrogena, boots.com
5. Fitness body oil
After a day on the slopes and a relaxing bath, rub in this body oil to soothe away muscle aches and pains.
£30, ESPA, 01252 352 231
6. Mountain sun cream SPF50+
Especially designed for winter sports, this protective sun cream is sweat- and water-resistant and will fit nicely into your ski jacket for on-the-go top-ups.
£8.99, Piz Buin, 0845 6015 792
Threat of 'catastrophic cascade of collisions' involving 300,000 pieces of rubbish must be averted, warn scientists
Life & Style blogs
Ice cream cones left on the freezer shelf as consumers choose tubs and luxury brands
Blood test that predicts Alzheimer's disease
Lego told off by 7-year-old girl for promoting gender stereotypes
Scientists find the origin of 'bad' fat linked to heart disease and cancer
Amputee drummer gains 'superhuman' skills with robotic arm
- 1 Oxford is the least affordable city in the UK, where houses cost 11 times local salaries
- 2 Australian man Rod Sommerville reacts to bite from deadly snake by reaching for cold beer
- 3 North Korea elections: Kim Jong-un wins 100% of the vote
- 4 David Cameron resorts to paying for Facebook fans because not enough people like him
- 5 Steve Irwin’s final words: Cameraman present at death opens up about deadly stingray attack for the first time
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client is a leading digital agency bu...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Charter Selection: Global leader in its respective ...
£130 - £161 per day: Randstad Education Nottingham: Do you have a qualificatio...
£6720 - £33600 per annum: Randstad Education Nottingham: The school is much la...