Softer focus: High street hit-list
What are the new season's best affordable buys? Gemma Hayward reveals her high street hit-list
Monday 08 March 2010
Now more than ever, the high street has its finger on the pulse. No longer only interested in supplying wardrobe staples and designer 'homages', brands are increasingly developing their own signatures and adding unique twists to catwalk trends.
With rising numbers of designer collaborations, support for new design talent and involvement in London Fashion Week, the UK's high street offers the most comprehensive collection of affordable fashion in the world.
And now the sun is finally starting to shine, we can emerge from our SAD-induced slump and actually start to plan what we'll be wearing for the next few months. Good news for anyone who's sick of last season's fierce, studded, biker look; there's a more gentle mood to spring/summer. From fresh florals to faded denim and natural coloured leather and suede, this season is altogether more relaxed. Here's the lowdown on the key spring pieces from our favourite high street brands.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Astrological signs are almost all wrong, as movement of moon and sun throws out zodiac
The distress of some Zayn Malik fans is real, and they need support, say experts
The food fad that's starving Bolivia
Gay marriage, one year on: Couples mark first anniversary of same-sex marriages
- 1 East 17 bandmember Brian Harvey in 'very desperate situation’
- 2 Vladimir Putin says Russia will fight for the right of Palestinians to their own state
- 3 WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
- 4 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 5 Germanwings plane crash: I have depression. That doesn't make me a psychopath
£32000 - £38000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Management Accountant / F...
£27000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of a mark...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides Reliabili...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This leading provider of refrigeration, mechan...