Sorry Karl, Chanel's yellow mascara is not quite mellow on the lash
Chanel make-up, which in the past has included the sort of coveted treats that inspire waiting lists (see their nail polishes Jade and Particulière), has some rather daring new products in their summer 2013 collection, out next month.
Among the metallic blue and coral nail colours and soft peach and raspberry lipsticks you’ll find mascaras in blue, green, and – surely the most challenging to pull off – yellow.
The new collection is said to have been inspired by butterflies, and you’ll find their new eye shadows come in some pretty crazy colour palettes too, including pink, green and blue.
It’s all great fun but you have to wonder who can actually sport yellow mascara without looking like they’re suffering from some sort of weird eye infection?
Chanel’s beauty looks at their shows have long pushed boundaries. They were one of the first fashion houses to embrace elaborate, luxe lashes and they’ve sent their models down the runway wearing everything from bejewelled eyebrows to tattoo transfers. But that’s the catwalk. Cara Delevingne and her ilk might get away with yellow lashes but I fear the rest of us might not be so fortunate. I’ll certainly be sticking to black this summer. Sorry, Karl.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£40000 - £50000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£35000 - £40000 Per Annum Excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd:...
£47,334 - £59,058 per annum: Coventry University: The Centre for Agroecology, ...