Style shrinks: 'Homeland' draws to a close, our experts analyse Claire Danes' off-duty look
The hair & make-up
Gemma Hayward: I have to confess that I prefer her hair flowing as Homeland's Carrie Mathison to this Elvis-like updo. She doesn't look very comfortable in her skin – maybe she hasn't taken her anti-psychotics!
Hugh Montgomery: Given that Danes' usual coiffure is all about straight-down pragmatism, we're glad to see her letting her hair up in the form of such a swish backcomb.
Gemma: Top marks for the oversized geometric jewellery, which happens to be very fashionable right now – it looks like a designer breastplate.
Hugh: Truly, this giant gold amulet is the Carrie Mathison of necklaces: bold and mesmeric without being so ungenerously attention-grabbing as to detract from a top-drawer ensemble.
Gemma: The point of nude-tone shoes is to elongate the leg, but the gold horizontal ankle strap rather defeats the purpose here.
Hugh: Just ritzy enough: basically, this outfit is so hot, it should be pasted into the "Down with demure starlettiness" primer for aspiring red-carpet-walkers with immediate effect.
Gemma: It doesn't get ruder than a red leather dress, but the fact that it is neither micro-mini nor skintight makes it cool rather than slutty.
Hugh: That this crinkly number manages to be right-on rock'n'roll rather than Stevenage swinger is testament to the wearer's enviable elegance.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Notting Hill Carnival: Woman shares selfie after being ‘punched in face for telling man to stop groping her’
- 2 Keira Knightley topless: Usually conservative actress does own take on #Freethenipple campaign for Interview Magazine
- 3 Daily Show's Jon Stewart destroys Fox News for its Ferguson coverage
- 4 When elitism grips the top of British society to this extent, there is only one answer: abolish private schools
- 5 Terror threat level raised to severe as PM warns Isis risk could last for decades
- < Previous
- Next >
£45000 - £69999 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Algo-Develo...
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior Data Sc...
£50000 - £80000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: Data Sci...
£350 - £400 Per Day: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client based in Cent...