Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Debbie Harry's New Rave washing-up outfit
Gemma Hayward: At first glance I thought this was Jack Nicholson in drag – it must be the sunglasses. But I'm still in love with her blond(i)e wispy rock-chick hair.
Hugh Montgomery: A stinging rebuke to the straightened manes that pass for hair on today's pop landscape.
Gemma: No, they aren't Marigolds, they're pink leather gloves. Of course they are.
Hugh: Although there is something in Harry's aloof expression which says, "Let me finish the bloody washing-up, because Broadchurch is on at nine."
Gemma: This dress/jacket hybrid is actually pretty great – it could even be a Comme des Garçons creation. What's less great is the sleeveless hoodie worn over the top.
Hugh: Clearly this is the result of an extensive game of wardrobe roulette.
Gemma: I love the sock marks on her ankles more than her bubblegum shoes, which she must have had since the 1980s.
Hugh: These fluoro sandals are what happen when your stripling of a stylist confuses "New Wave" with "New Rave".
A cautionary tale for ambitious would-be authors
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Exercise most effective lifestyle choice for preventing dementia, researchers say
- 3 Teenage girl convicted of robbery after taking pre-crime selfie wielding knife
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent
- < Previous
- Next >
attractive: Citifocus: and complete all required maintenance, to monitor and c...
£55000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Technical Operations Analyst (SQL, UNIX, L...
£11 - £13 per hour: Pro-Recruitment Group: ***Temporary Purchase Ledger Clerk ...
£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Server Side De...