Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Erykah Badu's sci-fi homage to Monty Python
Rebecca Gonsalves: Are those Norwegian Blue tailfeathers in her pocket? Is she planning to perform Monty Python’s dead parrot sketch?
Mike Higgins: Somewhere in a gutter in the Vatican, a Cardinal is coming to and wondering who mugged him for his Holy Roman necklace.
Rebecca: This towering titfer knocks Pharrell’s effort into well, a cocked hat. The poise needed to carry it off is enviable.
Mike: It’s a busby, with a rim, and she’s standing guard at the gates of the fashion palace. Who goes there? So far, only Erykah and Pharrell.
Rebecca: Part go-go girl, part equestrian expert – an interesting take on military dress uniforms.
Mike: The jackboots of the ‘brutal dictator’ of Swaziland, King Mswati III, whom Badu recently performed for? Probably not.
Rebecca: A super glam take on a casual item; jokes about Christmas turkeys and marathon runners abound but I have a feeling Badu will laugh last.
Mike: I won’t have the last laugh – I’m left with a half-formed notion about ‘Blake’s 7’ which Erykah, I dare say, is not quite up on.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Winter crisis in A&E: Hospitals declare 'black alerts' as admissions shatter records, but full stats still unpublished
Bill Granger recipes: Tenderstem broccoli omelette; Fried eggs with Mexican-style tomato and chilli sauce; Pan-fried cavolo nero with soft-boiled egg
Unpaid make-up artists reveal the ugly side of Miss World
Google launches 'Contributor' payment service for ad-free internet browsing
- 1 'Not suppost to cry': 9-year-old lists the worst things about being a boy
- 2 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join a successful an...
£25000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Digital Sales Account Manager...