Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Erykah Badu's sci-fi homage to Monty Python
Rebecca Gonsalves: Are those Norwegian Blue tailfeathers in her pocket? Is she planning to perform Monty Python’s dead parrot sketch?
Mike Higgins: Somewhere in a gutter in the Vatican, a Cardinal is coming to and wondering who mugged him for his Holy Roman necklace.
Rebecca: This towering titfer knocks Pharrell’s effort into well, a cocked hat. The poise needed to carry it off is enviable.
Mike: It’s a busby, with a rim, and she’s standing guard at the gates of the fashion palace. Who goes there? So far, only Erykah and Pharrell.
Rebecca: Part go-go girl, part equestrian expert – an interesting take on military dress uniforms.
Mike: The jackboots of the ‘brutal dictator’ of Swaziland, King Mswati III, whom Badu recently performed for? Probably not.
Rebecca: A super glam take on a casual item; jokes about Christmas turkeys and marathon runners abound but I have a feeling Badu will laugh last.
Mike: I won’t have the last laugh – I’m left with a half-formed notion about ‘Blake’s 7’ which Erykah, I dare say, is not quite up on.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...