Style Shrinks: Our experts analyse fashion ambassador Alexa Chung’s latest ‘eclectic’ look
Gemma Hayward: She does have a penchant for dressing like an overgrown child, but Chung's pulled off the private- schoolgirl beret with finesse here. Gold star for Alexa!
Hugh Montgomery: Somewhere between a beret and a shower cap lies the perfect hat for communing with jellyfish. But media sharks? Not so sure.
Gemma: Is she getting in the Olympic spirit by wearing a sweatshirt? Or does she know that the sports-luxe trend is still going strong? The latter, I suspect. Gold medal for Alexa! Hugh: This hunter- green sweater is slouchy but not bulgy, which is impressive but not logical.
Gemma: The leather adds a tough touch. Now all she needs is a bit of meat on those legs – she must be cold. Gold tights for Alexa? Hugh: "Should you do summer leather?" some outlets have gasped about this skirt. Which seems beside the point, given those spelunkingly deep pockets to consider.
Gemma: When you're that beautiful, all you need for a night out is a small clutch to carry lippy, fags and phone. Gold zips for Alexa!
Hugh: To be clear, that's a Louis Vuitton bag completing an LV ensemble for an LV store opening? Sometimes the vagaries of fashion are beyond even this column.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Mario Balotelli: Staff at arson-hit Manchester Dogs' Home convinced Liverpool striker is behind five-figure donation
- 2 Friends 20th anniversary: Alison Jackson photographs reunited cast
- 3 There is literally not a single woman in this iPhone 6 queue
- 4 Hitler’s former food taster reveals the horrors of the Wolf’s Lair
- 5 Scottish independence: Tory revolt against 'devo max' grows as Rail Minister Claire Perry joins
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Marketing Manager (CIM, B2B, MS Offi...
£22000 - £25000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A highly successful organisation wit...
£1 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Job Purpose To work closely with the he...
£32000 - £42000 Per Annum: Clearwater People Solutions Ltd: Our client is curr...