Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Florence Welch's floral tribute to the NME Awards
Gemma Hayward: That wash-at-home shade of henna red has become Florence's beauty trademark. But though her make-up is expertly applied, she'd do well to wear less top-lid liner and open up her eyes a little.
Hugh Montgomery: The vaguely helmet-y hair. The Pantene power glossiness. The pouty froideur. Where Flo was once a graveyard-dancing paragon of witchy-wooness, this is a face that has "mature artiste" written all over it.
Gemma: When this outfit was shown on the Milan catwalk, it was styled with an oversized ribbon bow tie; thankfully, Flo has opted for a more demure brooch.
Hugh: These cocktail rings suggest Flo's future as the Dame of Pop: not the pantomime variety, but the venerable artistic kind, elevated to national treasurehood and swathed in the merchandise of Hampstead boutiques.
Gemma: This is a bit play-it-safe; a brightly coloured heel or overtly embellished courts would have made more of a fashion statement.
Hugh: Flo's always happy when the shoes are off, which might explain her awkwardness in these Louboutins. We don't know whether to give that perpendicular right leg a cushion or its own Twitter feed.
Gemma: If Florence's stage outfits used to look Topshop, these days she's more at home in Gucci or McQueen. No surprise, then, that she chose this very un-rock'n'roll outfit for the NMEs: Moschino rather than Motörhead.
Hugh: For someone who aspires to crypticness, this trouser-suit's play for flower-power hippiness is rather too try-hard literal. Just be glad she left the purple-haze fascinator at home.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...