Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Hailee Steinfeld's 1960s hockey second XI look
Rebecca Gonsalves: A beehive may have been too much with this 1960s-inspired dress, but wearing her hair up would have helped tie the look together.
Mike Higgins: She's just relieved those pigtails she had to endure in 'True Grit' didn't cause permanent damage.
Rebecca: Youth is wasted on the young – and so is such a heavily smoky eye. She's not trying to sneak into a nightclub.
Mike: Listen hard and you might just hear the make-up artist, off-camera, hissing at her: 'If I give you vamp, you do vamp! Lose the grin.'
Rebecca: There's something a bit ballerina-y about these – perhaps it's the straps. But such a sharp toe misses the point of the groovy dress.
Mike: I don't mind the pointy toe, but that ankle strap looks more like strapping – are they trying to correct her gait?
Rebecca: An almost perfect under-18s red-carpet dress: youthful style and bright colours are winners. But those leather cuffs are a bit much.
Mike: It's an Emma Peel look with a school second XI hockey pose – and God love her for that…
Life & Style blogs
City traders pay £200 for a quick hangover cure
Stephen Hawking: NHS is Britain's finest public service and must be preserved from commercial interests
The enemy within: People who hear voices in their heads are being encouraged to talk back
The Pirate Bay is back — but key staff have left to start a rival site
Eight-year-old girl Camilla Lisant suggests possible cancer treatment to her scientist father over the dinner table
- 1 Three-year-old boy shoots pregnant mother and father in New Mexico
- 2 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 3 Jewish community urged to boycott Cornwall village after residents vote for 'Hitlers Walk' sign to be reinstated
- 4 Benedict Cumberbatch's Alan Turing gay-rights campaign snubbed by Prince William and Kate Middleton
- 5 Kim Sears responds to swearing controversy with 'parental advisory' T-shirt at Andy Murray's Australian Open final
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: PMLD Teacher A specialist primary school i...
£15000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Now our rapidly expanding and A...
£15000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you passionate about great ...
£20000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This fast growing reinforcing s...