Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Joanna Lumley's colourful contribution to Chelsea
The hat/make up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Lumley's most famous character loves a good drink, so perhaps the Tequila Sunrise effect on this Panama is a raised glass to Patsy.
Hugh Montgomery: "Matching Eyeshadow to Hat is the newest Whimsy in Make-up": so said The Milwaukee Journal in 1944 (thanks Google) and we can't say better than that.
Rebecca: It's rather hard to identify the motif on this busy blouse – it might depict the Taurean's zodiac sign – or is that a load of bull?
Hugh: A top that subscribes to the principle that when one is at the Chelsea Flower Show, one does not allow those attention-seeking blooms a look-in.
Rebecca: Pink may make the boys wink, but in this migraine-inducing volume I think they're more likely to be wincing.
Hugh: Absolutely fabulous. We weren't going to get through this critical analysis without mentioning that, right?
Rebecca: I'm slightly disappointed she didn't go the whole hog with a pair of hot pink slippers.
Hugh: We've sussed it: she's basically essaying the sartorial role of the Cotswold auntie who likes to get squiffy at Christmas and do Angelina Ballerina impressions.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Amy Winehouse statue unveiled in Camden
- 2 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 3 George Galloway on Scottish independence: The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
- 4 Headaches, fry ups, and hair of the dog - why do we get hangovers, and is there such thing as a 'cure'?
- 5 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
£50 - £65 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and i...
£50 - £65 per annum: Randstad Education Leeds: We are looking for flexible and...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS2 Supply Teacher r...
£130 - £160 per day: Randstad Education Leeds: Qualified KS1 Teacher required,...