Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Julia Roberts' penguin warrior-princess impression
Rebecca Gonsalves: A lesser-known star could be mistaken for catering staff in this strict ensemble. Now, that's the way to say you're A-list.
Mike Higgins: Can you imagine being a chap in black tie standing next to Julia in the dinner queue? Shimmering proof that dinner jackets are for women only.
Rebecca: A soft up-do and natural tones stop this sharp Givenchy tux swerving into suave drag territory.
Mike: Julia's lips are so voluptuous that by the time she's finished applying her lippy, she immediately has to start again. A sort of cosmetic Forth Bridge.
Rebecca: A little too much toe is on show in these strappy contraptions for my liking – but someone's bound to disagree.
Mike: Shoes for Xena's night out at the annual Warrior Princess Awards. And about a size 8 by the look of them. Fierce.
Rebecca: A big old bauble of a ring is the perfect finishing touch – let's hope the Christmas tree didn't miss it too much.
Mike: I would have matched my eyeshadow, lipstick and toenail polish to my big green ring. But that's why I'm rarely allowed out of the office unaccompanied.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 UK weather: Snow to fall in the coming week with sub-zero temperatures to last until early February
- 4 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...