Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Kelly Osbourne’s Emmys red-carpet frock
Gemma: In her rush to get ready, Kelly got mixed up with the “match the shoes to the bag” rule and went and matched her hair to her dress.
Hugh: To paraphrase Mr Prince Rogers Nelson, Kelly, I only wanted to see you laughing in the purple rinse. Purple rinse, purrrrple riiinse... Which means it’s fab, basically.
Gemma: More evidence of her former wild ways, but one tells of a softer side, and the reason why we all know who she is. Daddy. Very sweet, actually.
Hugh: The Girl with the Daddy Tattoo? Those goth-punk days are well and truly over.
Gemma: Kelly is looking very svelte and toned, while the gown is grown-up and glamorous... and the colour of an aged bruise.
Hugh: No, Kelly, you will not go to the prom! And no, that authentically awful taffeta/fishtail combo will not sway us!
Gemma: I spy more matchy-matchy with the black nails. Reminding us you still have a wicked side, eh Kel?
Hugh: Ah, the “sophisticated clutch” – the standard-issue boring accessory that defies every cuckoo outfit choice.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...