Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Lily Allen's caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
The hair/ make-up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted Ukip.
Rebecca: I’m all for a retro look, but I doubt this caped smock even looked good the first time.
Hugh: Someone give her a degree scroll to go with this gown-y gown. It’s academic, really.
Rebecca: Mis-matching a modern black clutch with her brown gown proves that the singer is still something of a rulebreaker at heart.
Hugh: She may be at an awards do but this power accessory suggests she means business.
Rebecca: The little heel on these black pointed-toe courts makes them too polite a choice – they’d be far better suited to Lord Alan’s boardroom.
Hugh: Somewhere between severe, seductive, shiny and sensible.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 International Women's Day 2014: The shocking statistics that show why it is still so important
- 2 Orgasm machine to deliver climax at the push of a button
- 3 Dear 'The Sun', breast cancer isn't sexy
- 4 Teacher shows sex tape featuring herself to pupils during class by mistake
- 5 Singapore sting: Sky-high prices are pushing locals to the edge of affordability
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: A small but growing chain of boutique hot...
£12000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: The company works with Tier 1 FTSE 100 Ba...
£45 - 60k Per Annum: Charter Selection: Highly profitable leisure brand, marke...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Highly Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residenti...