Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Lily Allen's caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
The hair/ make-up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted Ukip.
Rebecca: I’m all for a retro look, but I doubt this caped smock even looked good the first time.
Hugh: Someone give her a degree scroll to go with this gown-y gown. It’s academic, really.
Rebecca: Mis-matching a modern black clutch with her brown gown proves that the singer is still something of a rulebreaker at heart.
Hugh: She may be at an awards do but this power accessory suggests she means business.
Rebecca: The little heel on these black pointed-toe courts makes them too polite a choice – they’d be far better suited to Lord Alan’s boardroom.
Hugh: Somewhere between severe, seductive, shiny and sensible.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 5 The 20 toughest job interview questions in the world
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...