Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Lily Allen's caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
The hair/ make-up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted Ukip.
Rebecca: I’m all for a retro look, but I doubt this caped smock even looked good the first time.
Hugh: Someone give her a degree scroll to go with this gown-y gown. It’s academic, really.
Rebecca: Mis-matching a modern black clutch with her brown gown proves that the singer is still something of a rulebreaker at heart.
Hugh: She may be at an awards do but this power accessory suggests she means business.
Rebecca: The little heel on these black pointed-toe courts makes them too polite a choice – they’d be far better suited to Lord Alan’s boardroom.
Hugh: Somewhere between severe, seductive, shiny and sensible.
Life & Style blogs
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Geeks who rocked the world: Documentary looks back at origins of the computer-games industry
Ukip's official health spokesperson: 'Honestly, I have no experience in health whatsoever'
Deliberately urinating before sex can increase risk of urinary tract infections
Doctors to trial 29-point checklist for elderly patients facing 'unavoidable' death
- 1 The truth about 'girl things': Three cheers for Heather Watson's honesty
- 2 Man who held up 'hire me' sign at Waterloo station returns a year later with 'I'm hiring' sign
- 3 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 4 Tennis fan suing Australian Open organisers for 'failing to shade spectators' during Murray match
- 5 Men behaving badly: Urinating while standing, 'manspreading' and the gendering of selfishness
Excellent Salary : Austen Lloyd: OXFORD - REGIONAL FIRM - An excellent opportu...
Super Package: Austen Lloyd: BRISTOL - SENIOR CLINICAL NEGLIGENCE - An outstan...
£15000 - £50000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fantastic opportunities are ava...
Negotiable: Recruitment Genius: A Compute Engineer is required to join a globa...