Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Lily Allen's caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
The hair/ make-up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted Ukip.
Rebecca: I’m all for a retro look, but I doubt this caped smock even looked good the first time.
Hugh: Someone give her a degree scroll to go with this gown-y gown. It’s academic, really.
Rebecca: Mis-matching a modern black clutch with her brown gown proves that the singer is still something of a rulebreaker at heart.
Hugh: She may be at an awards do but this power accessory suggests she means business.
Rebecca: The little heel on these black pointed-toe courts makes them too polite a choice – they’d be far better suited to Lord Alan’s boardroom.
Hugh: Somewhere between severe, seductive, shiny and sensible.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Tunisia hotel attack: Locals form 'human shield' to protect hotel from gunman Seifeddine Rezgui
- 2 Iain Duncan Smith's expenses credit card is suspended after he runs up £1,000 debt to taxpayer
- 3 German ethics council calls for incest between siblings to be legalised by Government
- 4 French woman dies in freak bungee jumping accident
- 5 Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck to divorce and end their 10-year marriage
£12000 - £24000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An opportunity has arisen for o...
£35000 - £60000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leader provides c...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Project Coordinator is requir...
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...