Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Lily Allen's caped entrance to the Ivor Novello awards
The hair/ make-up
Rebecca Gonsalves: Time to get ready for a swanky awards bash must be tight for such a busy mum, hence the messy up-do and minimal make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Not a lunatic fringe. It has definitely never voted Ukip.
Rebecca: I’m all for a retro look, but I doubt this caped smock even looked good the first time.
Hugh: Someone give her a degree scroll to go with this gown-y gown. It’s academic, really.
Rebecca: Mis-matching a modern black clutch with her brown gown proves that the singer is still something of a rulebreaker at heart.
Hugh: She may be at an awards do but this power accessory suggests she means business.
Rebecca: The little heel on these black pointed-toe courts makes them too polite a choice – they’d be far better suited to Lord Alan’s boardroom.
Hugh: Somewhere between severe, seductive, shiny and sensible.
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
More than two thirds of smokers are killed by diseases caused by tobacco use, says study
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 2 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 3 Robert Mugabe eats a zoo for 'obscene' 91st birthday party
- 4 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 5 The jihadi girls who went to Syria weren't just radicalised by Isis — they were groomed
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...