Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Mariah Carey's studs-up challenge at 'The Butler' premiere
Rebecca Gonsalves: This studded black-leather number is as fierce as Mariah herself.
Hugh Montgomery: The best way to out-diva Oprah Winfrey and Jane Fonda on the red carpet? THIS
Rebecca: I'm a fan of the sleek 'do, but the wide black Alice band reminds me only of the sad demise of Walford resident Tiffany Mitchell.
Hugh: Mariah is in Wonderland with this Alice band… in fact, 'Mariah in Wonderland' is the 'Glitter' sequel waiting to happen.
Rebecca: Are those bows or – one of her favourite motifs – little black-lace butterflies? If the singing hadn't panned out, she'd have made a great lepidopterist.
Hugh: At a guess, relics of Cher's 1980s Oscars wardrobe.
Rebecca: 'When in doubt, go LBD' is a fine principle in theory but you expect more razzle-dazzle from this diva.
Hugh: Mariah paraphrasing Henry Ford: 'Pop queens can have a dress in any style they choose, so long as it is body-con.'
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Malaysian cyclist could face disciplinary action after 'Save Gaza' gloves protest
- 2 Is Gideon Levy the most hated man in Israel or just the most heroic?
- 3 Fifty Shades of Grey trailer provokes moral outrage from US parenting groups
- 4 McDonald’s removes chicken nuggets from the menu in Hong Kong amid major food scare
- 5 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
£600 - £650 per day: Orgtel: Conduct Risk Liaison Manager - Banking - London -...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
£65000 - £75000 per annum + Benefits: Progressive Recruitment: The client is a...
£40000 - £45000 per annum: Ashdown Group: A well-established software house ba...