Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Michelle Williams' high-street-Hepburn Bafta look
Gemma Hayward: Not many can get away with such a severe crop, but Williams can, thanks to her small features and high cheekbones. With her fresh skin and pillar-box red lips, she looks every bit the A-lister.
Hugh Montgomery: In fashion as in film choices, Williams curiously manages to be both sophisticated and untedious. So it is that the gamine crop is saved from pixie-Hepburn yawniness by that lusty red lippy.
Gemma: Refreshingly, she has shunned designer gowns for one from H&M's Conscious collection. OK, so it was made especially for her, but it nods towards her eco sensibilities without sacrificing her impeccable style.
Hugh: Her choice of "high-street" fashion that you can't actually buy on the high-street is an inspired way to tantalise the Grazia pack. Never mind the ill-fitting bodice.
Gemma: This Olympia Le-Tan clutch is a nice touch: it's the screenplay artwork for The Misfits – the 1961 film starring Marilyn Monroe, who Williams played to earn her Bafta nom – reworked into handbag form.
Hugh: Mildly eccentric, slyly referential, and roughly 73.9 per cent more interesting than anything else at the 2012 Baftas.
Life & Style blogs
Charlie Charlie Challenge: everyone on the internet thinks it’s a marketing stunt, but it probably isn’t
Not brushing your teeth can lead to dementia and heart disease
Insomnia could be cured with one simple therapy session, new study claims
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Spanish restaurant El Celler de Can Roca reclaims top spot to be named world's best restaurant
- 1 School kitchen manager 'fired from Colorado school for giving hungry students free lunches'
- 2 California man brutally beat 82-year-old Sikh grandfather he mistook for 'one of those people'
- 3 Amber Peat: Body found in search for missing 13-year-old who ran away after argument with her parents
- 4 Gay teenager 'forced to have sex with his own mother' to 'cure' his homosexuality, campaigners in India say
- 5 Charles Kennedy 'had better judgement drunk than many sober politicians' says Ian Hislop
£24000 - £36000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Join a fast growing, UK based I...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? A pro-act...
Competitive salary & benefits: MBDA UK Ltd: Whats the opportunity? The small...
£25000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Fabricator welder required for ...