Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Michelle Williams' high-street-Hepburn Bafta look
Gemma Hayward: Not many can get away with such a severe crop, but Williams can, thanks to her small features and high cheekbones. With her fresh skin and pillar-box red lips, she looks every bit the A-lister.
Hugh Montgomery: In fashion as in film choices, Williams curiously manages to be both sophisticated and untedious. So it is that the gamine crop is saved from pixie-Hepburn yawniness by that lusty red lippy.
Gemma: Refreshingly, she has shunned designer gowns for one from H&M's Conscious collection. OK, so it was made especially for her, but it nods towards her eco sensibilities without sacrificing her impeccable style.
Hugh: Her choice of "high-street" fashion that you can't actually buy on the high-street is an inspired way to tantalise the Grazia pack. Never mind the ill-fitting bodice.
Gemma: This Olympia Le-Tan clutch is a nice touch: it's the screenplay artwork for The Misfits – the 1961 film starring Marilyn Monroe, who Williams played to earn her Bafta nom – reworked into handbag form.
Hugh: Mildly eccentric, slyly referential, and roughly 73.9 per cent more interesting than anything else at the 2012 Baftas.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Planes go hybrid-electric in important step to greener flight
- 2 Antonio Martin shooting: Police and protesters clash over teenager's death just five miles from Ferguson, Missouri
- 3 British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
- 4 Hip hop is both racial and political, and for Iggy Azalea to suggest otherwise is insulting
- 5 Man hospitalised with pneumonia after downing eggnog at office Christmas party
£20000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This full service social media ...
£24000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: We are 'Changemakers in retail'...
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Senior Conveyancer - South West We are see...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: DORSET MARKET TOWN - SENIOR PROPERTY SOLICITOR...