Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Paloma Faith's bombshell look at Brighton Pride
Rebecca Gonsalves: Modernist, monochrome and feline fine – these put other sunglasses in the shade.
Hugh Montgomery: If 'The Far Side' did femme fatales…
Rebecca: Considering her past transgressions, a modest stacked platform is not the deadliest of sins – this is a stage-worthy ensemble after all.
Hugh: Remember when she wore platforms to run with the Olympic torch last year, in fact? A truly towering pop figure.
Rebecca: Figure-hugging but not bandage-binding, a loose Lurex-y top and high-waisted pencil skirt allows Faith to bust a few moves on stage.
Hugh: Again, nice but atypically uneccentric. Yours, With Concern.
Rebecca: A relatively low-maintenance turn from the singer, whose look is usually more Carmen Miranda than Marilyn Monroe.
Hugh: Paloma does Marilyn OK, but this is minor-league when it comes to Pride fancy dress – we'd have gone for 'Turn Back Time'/body stocking-era Cher.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Jeremy Clarkson 'sees no problem' with his racist language on Top Gear, says BBC
- 2 'Alien thigh bone' on Mars: Excitement from alien hunters at 'evidence' of extraterrestrial life
- 3 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 4 London restaurant 34 creates champagne glass modelled on Kate Moss’ left breast
- 5 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, S...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Front-End UI/U...
£30000 - £40000 per annum + benefits+bonus+package: Harrington Starr: C#.NET ...