Style shrinks: Our experts analyse Sarah Jessica Parker's layered lunacy
Rebecca Gonsalves: Like a canvassing politician, SJP wants to show she’s rolled up her sleeves to knuckle down to the serious business of shoe design.
Mike Higgins: Whacky layering, part one: is that plunging open shirt a bold act of neckline self-sabotage? Or a bit of a mess?
Rebecca: Girlish red lace is a strange match with the casual shirt; this is the sort of ensemble you cobble together when the airline loses your luggage.
Mike: You can see the white shirt and the grey tights through the lace – but I feel mean pointing it out, as the dress is pretty.
Rebecca: Parker’s flogging a footwear line, so perhaps she thought nobody would notice what she has on above the ankles – they’re nice, but not magic.
Mike: Whacky layering, part two: strap vs tights, to complete an outfit that’s been bickering with itself top to toe.
Rebecca: As Carrie Bradshaw knows, bizarre but brilliant ensembles aren’t that easy to pull off. Nor are sheer grey footless tights.
Mike: But it works! No lingering on those cadaverous-looking pins, just carry on down to the stars of the show.
Life & Style blogs
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
The secret to a great sex life revealed: Two cups of coffee a day
New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Facebook status updates indicates whether a user is narcissistic or neurotic, research finds
- 1 New Zealand 'the best country to work as a prostitute', says sex worker advocacy group
- 2 Purity balls: Girls in the US making virginity pledges as fathers vow to 'protect purity'
- 3 Mother 'will allow son's circumcision in return for release from prison'
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Female Muay Thai champion hustles coaches to give them a beating
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...