Style shrinks: Our experts analyse the symbolic significance of Emma Stone
Gemma Hayward: I just don't understand why you would use a Kirby grip as decoration. THEY'RE FOR PINNING. Still, I love her sultry shaded make-up.
Hugh Montgomery: Where you see cheap hair clip, I see "judiciously placed girl-next-door brand symbolism, but better than a scrunchie".
Gemma: You'd think that wearing a lace curtain with floral cross-stitch wouldn't work, but in Dolce & Gabbana's hands, Emma is transformed.
Hugh: Sorry, Ms Stone, but fine actress though you are, you're never going to convince as my nan's bedspread. The quality of mustiness is not strained, as they say.
Gemma: Playing it safe with putty-coloured Louboutins – but maybe it's that Spider-Man-red sole she's most attracted to, eh, Mr Garfield?
Hugh: The most predictable deployment of nude this side of a 1990s Ewan McGregor film.
Gemma: Keeping bling to a minimum with stud earrings and a few sparkling rings – she's no Nancy Dell'Olio, this one.
Hugh: Those butterfly rings are the kind of abjectly pretty trinkets that speak of a group birthday present rush-bought by harried friends and designed to elicit bland coos.
Life & Style blogs
Earth Day 2014: Google celebrates Earth Day with doodles of Rufous hummingbird, veiled chameleon, moon jellyfish, dung beetle, puffer fish and macaques
World's fastest lift climbs 95 floors in 43 seconds at speeds of up to 45mph
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
Saint George's Day: Google Doodle marks England's national day
Mulberry: To hell in a handbag
- 1 William Shakespeare's 450th birthday: 50 everyday phrases that came from the Bard
- 2 David Cameron's constituency office calls police on food bank campaigners Bishop of Oxford and Reverend Keith Hebden
- 3 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 4 Women take on Bear Grylls over 'sexist' male-only desert island show
- 5 Malaysia Airlines flight MH370: Concerns grow among search officials that missing jet ‘may have landed somewhere else’
Very Competitive: Austen Lloyd: Clinical Negligence - Oxford An opportunity f...
£55000 - £62000 per annum + outstanding benefits and bonus: Pro-Recruitment Gr...
£120 per day: Randstad Education Luton: Reception teacher required for an Outs...
£35000 - £45000 per annum + excellent company benefits : Pro-Recruitment Group...