The 10 Best Eyeshadows
The party season demands dramatic make-up...These shimmering and smoky shades help you make an entrance
1. Smokey Eye Palette in Smouldering
£10, Topshop, topshop.com
This grungy palette incorporating shades of the purple spectrum is flattering for blue and green eyes.
2. Eye Studio Colour Explosion duo in Green/Gold
£6.99, Maybelline New York, Boots nationwide
This looks intimidating in the pack, but is easy to use. Layer gold over the green to make it sparkle.
3. Metal-X eyeshadow in Venetian Tarnish
£15.50, MAC, maccosmetics.co.uk
Use your fingertip to build up an intense smudge of this rich bronze shade on your upper eyelid.
4. Pure Pigment in Ore
£15.50, Illamasqua, Illamasqua.com
A rich bronze shot through with multicoloured microscopic flecks of glitter to catch the light – add to bronzer to highlight cheekbones.
5. Les Oeillades in Blondette Fatale
£33, Lancôme, available nationwide
These flattering shades range from bronze to rose gold, with taupe for a rich, smoky base colour.
6. Eyes to Kill
£24.50, Giorgio Armani, available nationwide
This high-shine silk formula can be blended to leave a sheer sheen or built up to achieve something more akin to molten metal.
7. Ombre Essentielle in Blazing Gold
£21, Chanel, available nationwide
Part of the Christmas collection, this limited-edition shade from prestige brand Chanel is a lovely pale gold with a fine iridescence.
8. L'Ombre Noir
£34, Givenchy, 01932 233 824
This multi-purpose brick of intense blue black can be applied either wet or dry with one of three brushes to achieve different, dramatic effects.
9. Palette Noir Terriblement
£39, Yves Saint Laurent, available nationwide
The spirit of YSL's Le Smoking is distilled into the five shades in this gold palette – which comes with its own pin-tucked cummerbund.
10. Eye Shadow Quad in Cocoa
£36.50, Dolce & Gabbana, harrods.com
The biscuity shades in the palette look good enough to eat, and even better when applied with a delicate touch.
Life & Style blogs
Everyone should watch this boy's reaction to learning he will be a big brother
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
Rafael Nadal strips off in racy new ads for Tommy Hilfiger
iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 1 The difference between a migrant and refugee, in one sentence
- 2 Miley Cyrus calls out hypocrisy of women’s nipples being taboo
- 3 Celebrity Big Brother 2015: Tila Tequila kicked off show after 'describing Hitler as a good man'
- 4 iPhone 5c to be discontinued, no iPhone 6c to replace it
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...