The 10 Best Eyeshadows
The party season demands dramatic make-up...These shimmering and smoky shades help you make an entrance
1. Smokey Eye Palette in Smouldering
£10, Topshop, topshop.com
This grungy palette incorporating shades of the purple spectrum is flattering for blue and green eyes.
2. Eye Studio Colour Explosion duo in Green/Gold
£6.99, Maybelline New York, Boots nationwide
This looks intimidating in the pack, but is easy to use. Layer gold over the green to make it sparkle.
3. Metal-X eyeshadow in Venetian Tarnish
£15.50, MAC, maccosmetics.co.uk
Use your fingertip to build up an intense smudge of this rich bronze shade on your upper eyelid.
4. Pure Pigment in Ore
£15.50, Illamasqua, Illamasqua.com
A rich bronze shot through with multicoloured microscopic flecks of glitter to catch the light – add to bronzer to highlight cheekbones.
5. Les Oeillades in Blondette Fatale
£33, Lancôme, available nationwide
These flattering shades range from bronze to rose gold, with taupe for a rich, smoky base colour.
6. Eyes to Kill
£24.50, Giorgio Armani, available nationwide
This high-shine silk formula can be blended to leave a sheer sheen or built up to achieve something more akin to molten metal.
7. Ombre Essentielle in Blazing Gold
£21, Chanel, available nationwide
Part of the Christmas collection, this limited-edition shade from prestige brand Chanel is a lovely pale gold with a fine iridescence.
8. L'Ombre Noir
£34, Givenchy, 01932 233 824
This multi-purpose brick of intense blue black can be applied either wet or dry with one of three brushes to achieve different, dramatic effects.
9. Palette Noir Terriblement
£39, Yves Saint Laurent, available nationwide
The spirit of YSL's Le Smoking is distilled into the five shades in this gold palette – which comes with its own pin-tucked cummerbund.
10. Eye Shadow Quad in Cocoa
£36.50, Dolce & Gabbana, harrods.com
The biscuity shades in the palette look good enough to eat, and even better when applied with a delicate touch.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter not working: Social network says problem with tweets not showing is fixed
Who is Teresa Fidalgo? Debunking the fake ghost story that's got Instagram spooked
Facebook attacked over dead relative photos in 'Year in Review' slides
Grim second life of the 'breastaurant': The oft-loathed sector is booming in the States thanks to Hooters, Twin Peaks and Tilted Kilt
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 Doctors remove 80 teeth from boy's jaw
- 3 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 4 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 5 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
£32000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Business Manager is required ...
£45000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Panel Wireman required for small electro...
£25000 - £27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: An SME based in East Cheshire, ...