The 10 Best Eyeshadows
The party season demands dramatic make-up...These shimmering and smoky shades help you make an entrance
1. Smokey Eye Palette in Smouldering
£10, Topshop, topshop.com
This grungy palette incorporating shades of the purple spectrum is flattering for blue and green eyes.
2. Eye Studio Colour Explosion duo in Green/Gold
£6.99, Maybelline New York, Boots nationwide
This looks intimidating in the pack, but is easy to use. Layer gold over the green to make it sparkle.
3. Metal-X eyeshadow in Venetian Tarnish
£15.50, MAC, maccosmetics.co.uk
Use your fingertip to build up an intense smudge of this rich bronze shade on your upper eyelid.
4. Pure Pigment in Ore
£15.50, Illamasqua, Illamasqua.com
A rich bronze shot through with multicoloured microscopic flecks of glitter to catch the light – add to bronzer to highlight cheekbones.
5. Les Oeillades in Blondette Fatale
£33, Lancôme, available nationwide
These flattering shades range from bronze to rose gold, with taupe for a rich, smoky base colour.
6. Eyes to Kill
£24.50, Giorgio Armani, available nationwide
This high-shine silk formula can be blended to leave a sheer sheen or built up to achieve something more akin to molten metal.
7. Ombre Essentielle in Blazing Gold
£21, Chanel, available nationwide
Part of the Christmas collection, this limited-edition shade from prestige brand Chanel is a lovely pale gold with a fine iridescence.
8. L'Ombre Noir
£34, Givenchy, 01932 233 824
This multi-purpose brick of intense blue black can be applied either wet or dry with one of three brushes to achieve different, dramatic effects.
9. Palette Noir Terriblement
£39, Yves Saint Laurent, available nationwide
The spirit of YSL's Le Smoking is distilled into the five shades in this gold palette – which comes with its own pin-tucked cummerbund.
10. Eye Shadow Quad in Cocoa
£36.50, Dolce & Gabbana, harrods.com
The biscuity shades in the palette look good enough to eat, and even better when applied with a delicate touch.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant
- < Previous
- Next >
£80000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: Senior C++ De...
£25000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C++ Server Dev...
£300 - £350 per day: Harrington Starr: Leading Electronic Trading Software Ven...
£23999 - £32001 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: An independent ac...