The 10 Best Eyeshadows
The party season demands dramatic make-up...These shimmering and smoky shades help you make an entrance
1. Smokey Eye Palette in Smouldering
£10, Topshop, topshop.com
This grungy palette incorporating shades of the purple spectrum is flattering for blue and green eyes.
2. Eye Studio Colour Explosion duo in Green/Gold
£6.99, Maybelline New York, Boots nationwide
This looks intimidating in the pack, but is easy to use. Layer gold over the green to make it sparkle.
3. Metal-X eyeshadow in Venetian Tarnish
£15.50, MAC, maccosmetics.co.uk
Use your fingertip to build up an intense smudge of this rich bronze shade on your upper eyelid.
4. Pure Pigment in Ore
£15.50, Illamasqua, Illamasqua.com
A rich bronze shot through with multicoloured microscopic flecks of glitter to catch the light – add to bronzer to highlight cheekbones.
5. Les Oeillades in Blondette Fatale
£33, Lancôme, available nationwide
These flattering shades range from bronze to rose gold, with taupe for a rich, smoky base colour.
6. Eyes to Kill
£24.50, Giorgio Armani, available nationwide
This high-shine silk formula can be blended to leave a sheer sheen or built up to achieve something more akin to molten metal.
7. Ombre Essentielle in Blazing Gold
£21, Chanel, available nationwide
Part of the Christmas collection, this limited-edition shade from prestige brand Chanel is a lovely pale gold with a fine iridescence.
8. L'Ombre Noir
£34, Givenchy, 01932 233 824
This multi-purpose brick of intense blue black can be applied either wet or dry with one of three brushes to achieve different, dramatic effects.
9. Palette Noir Terriblement
£39, Yves Saint Laurent, available nationwide
The spirit of YSL's Le Smoking is distilled into the five shades in this gold palette – which comes with its own pin-tucked cummerbund.
10. Eye Shadow Quad in Cocoa
£36.50, Dolce & Gabbana, harrods.com
The biscuity shades in the palette look good enough to eat, and even better when applied with a delicate touch.
Life & Style blogs
Double chins could be 'cured' without surgery or dieting using new injection
Snapchat got rid of the Best Friends feature and 'stalkers' are upset
Hershey's angers US chocolate purists by forcing company to stop importing 'yummy' Cadbury bars
Food secrets: the good, the bad...and the faeces
Pot of gold: tasting the world’s most expensive tea
- 1 Saudi preacher who 'raped and tortured' his five -year-old daughter to death is released after paying 'blood money'
- 2 Mystery man who gave mum heart-warming note on train 'wanted to put a smile on her face'
- 3 Michelle Obama highlights harsh restrictions faced by Saudi women after meeting King Salman without wearing a headscarf
- 4 Mafia's wall of silence broken: Victim of Cosa Nostra's extortion rackets in its Corleone heartland co-operates with authorities for the first time ever
- 5 Amal Clooney gives excellent answer to fashion question at European Court of Human Rights
Negotiable: Tradewind Recruitment: This post arises as a result of the need to...
£120 - £150 per annum: Tradewind Recruitment: I am recruiting on instruction o...
£70000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Head of Finance - Financial Controller - Fina...
£24000 - £28000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: Marketing Executive - Wim...