The 10 Best lipsticks
Skies are grey, so reinvigorate your pout for winter with one of these dramatic new-season shades.
Monday 24 October 2011
1. Rouge pur couture in 'Golden lustre'
£22.50, YSL, Selfridges.com
Inspired by the opulent shades of haute-couture dresses, Golden Lustre is a subtle pink with a high shine, thanks to a dash of glitter.
2. Rouge allure in 'Famous'
£24, Chanel, Selfridges.com
The sparkle in this will make your red lips perfect for party season, while its luxurious formula makes for a rich colour. And it's all packaged in a stylish click-open case.
3. Rich lip colour in 'Cosmic raspberry'
£18, Bobbi Brown, Bobbibrown.co.uk
Inject some colour into your cosmetics with this fuchsia lipstick by Bobbi Brown with SPF 12.
4. Rouge prodige in 'Rosy coral'
£17, Clarins, available nationwide
Clarins' 'high fidelity pearl' formula makes use of natural silicone and white clay to ensure long-lasting lusciousness that won't fade.
£15.50, Illamasqua, Illamasqua.com
This violet shade can be a show-stopping look or a subtle stain and has a smooth, glossy finish that won't dry out your lips.
6. Semi-Matt lipstick in 'Belle de jour'
£18, Nars, Spacenk.co.uk
This lipstick is one of those perfect "in between" colours, blending terracotta with taupe to create a modern take on a trendy neutral.
7. Colour elixir in 'Mulberry'
£7.99, Max Factor, Boots.com
This gets the make-up artist seal of approval after being used by Pat McGrath for Gucci's autumn show. Ingredients include moisturising shea, avocado and aloe butters.
8. Sweet kiss lipstick in 'Rose cachemire'
£7.99, Bourjois, available nationwide
Inspired by travels in the East, Bourjois's new colour will add a delicate hint of pink for daytime.
9. The Kate Moss collection, No 3
£5.49, Rimmel, available nationwide
The supermodel's take on cosmetic classics: this nude tone has a chic Sixties feel.
£8, Topshop, Topshop.com
Topshop's dramatic damson shade is great value and perfectly in keeping with the current Nineties revival, so go a bit 4 Non Blondes with your look. Top hat optional.
Life & Style blogs
New £3 pill that will help stop you drinking too much available on the NHS
Dame Vivienne Westwood: The former Queen of Punk may now be an establishment pillar, but her work is still controversial – and much copied
Revealed: Lidl’s £4 perfume smells identical to Chanel’s £70 scent - but the difference is in the bottle
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Coke milk? Coca-Cola to launch premium milk brand called Fairlife
- 1 I'm A Celebrity 2014: Jungle security stepped up after murder and 'suspicious death' near to camp
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
- 5 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
Negotiable: Argyll Scott International: Senior Business Analyst - Insurance ...
£25000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This independent, growing Sales...
£16000 - £20000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Multi-skilled graphic designer ...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + EXCELLENT: Austen Lloyd: Court of Protection Solic...