The 10 best party earrings
Statement baubles - whether chunky or dainty - are the ‘it’ accessory with the ability to make any outfit sparkle
1. Geometric gold
Bright and bold, these geometric shapes and poster-paint colours will stand out against either a dark or colourful outfit.
2. Gold tassels
The golden chains of this tasselled pair bring to mind a glass of fizzing champagne. The perfect choice for a New Year's Eve night out.
3. Black onyx
From £115, monicavinader.com
Encased in 18-carat gold vermeil, this pair of black onyx earrings creates an impact for fans of minimal elegance.
4. Chain and jet
£295, Juan Carlos Obando, atelierswarovski.com
Although the designer was inspired by climbing equipment, these chain links exude luxury.
5. Crystal gem stud, clip-ons
The warmth of gold-plate metal sets off the large green emerald-cut and white brilliant-cut Swarovski crystals on these studs.
6. Tribal spike antique silver
£200, Pamela Love, finalepisode.com.au
The delicacy of the chain and patina of antique silver soften any edges on these chandelier earrings.
7. Triangle bead
These chandelier earrings boast beads of differing shapes and materials alongside a faceted stone and embossed metal setting.
8. Silver and black bomb drops
Ornate styles may get lost if you wear your hair down but this pair shines through elegantly. And they look more expensive than they are.
This elegant pair of art deco-inspired earrings is made of 22-carat gold-plated silver, ethically processed from American mines.
10. Gold circular gem studs
The delicate concentric crystal setting on this pair is all the more feminine for the fact that equally fine ribbon is intertwined.
Diving in at the deep end is no excuse for shirking the style stakes
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Belgium fan Axelle Despiegelaere lands L'Oreal campaign after World Cup viral photo
- 2 Orange Is The New Black has not been cancelled – it was a hoax
- 3 Why I'm on the brink of burning my Israeli passport
- 4 Israel-Gaza conflict: ‘Sderot cinema’ image shows Israelis with popcorn and chairs 'cheering as missiles strike Palestinian targets'
- 5 Blackest is the new black: Scientists have developed a material so dark that you can't see it...
£45000 - £60000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£23000 - £26000 per annum: Charter Selection: Charter Selection are working wi...
£28000 - £34000 per annum + pension, flexitime, healthcare: Deerfoot IT Resour...
£33000 - £45000 per annum + 8% Bonus, pension: Deerfoot IT Resources Limited: ...