The 10 Best Styling tools
Look like you've just stepped out of the hair salon with these handy gadgets - they're not just a load of hot air
Monday 05 March 2012
1. Parlux 3200 hairdryer
Powerful yet not too heavy, these professional favourites are expensive but will stand the test of time. And now they have the option of being fitted with a silencer.
2. Haito Wand
If you end up in a tangle with traditional rollers and tongs, then a styling wand is the easiest option. Simply wind a section at a time around the heated conical wand and release for instant bounce.
3. GHD straighteners
When a brand name becomes a by-word for its product it's undoubtedly the market leader – as is the case with these oft-imitated but never bettered, brilliant ceramic hair straighteners.
4. Mark Hill glam rock hair rollers
Rollers are an old-fashioned concept, but some still swear by this method of creating curls and volume – try the only heated Velcro versions available.
5. Remington Multi-style S6600
If you are not one for everyday primping, this multi-use gadget would be a good buy. It has a straightening function, and cancreate three different curl sizes.
6. Wahl Signature Styling Spirolls
This product combines curling tong, heated rollers and conical tong. Each one has a colour change indicator – leave to cool for long-lasting waves.
£60, Babylissmen, argos.co.uk
Clippers are essential for keeping a crew cut looking sharp. Eight different cutting grades make this version versatile enough to tidy up longer lengths or create an even, close shave.
8. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver
This strange-looking contraption creates big "S" waves in hair. Work sections through the barrels for bouncy-looking hair in a flash.
9. Vidal Sassoon hot air dryer
Get the necessary lift for a retro hairdo with this handy styler. Tease wet hair with it to add volume while drying. A curl release minimises tangling and pulling.
10. Tresemme Salon Professional Lightweight AC 2000
Good value for money, this makes balancing a hairdryer in one hand and a brush in the other a doddle.
Life & Style blogs
Babies cry at night to stop mothers procreating, scientists claim
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
The 10 Best kitchen knives
Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
Kim Jong-ale: How did Ushers brewery of Trowbridge end up in North Korea producing Pyongyang's number one beer - and what did it take to set up a taste test back in Wiltshire?
- 1 Pet cat puts three family members in hospital after launching frenzied attack
- 2 Dylan Tombides: West Ham confirm 20-year-old striker has died after battle with cancer
- 3 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 4 Angus Steakhouse: How does tourist staple continue to thrive in today's gourmet market?
- 5 Cover up! Mother told to show less cleavage during Disneyland family trip: 'Are we supposed to wear turtlenecks our whole lives?'
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is a company that specializ...
£153.75 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company is an innovative outsourcin...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: This company has been providing on site ...
£150.00 per week: QA Apprenticeships: We've been supplying best of breed peopl...