The 10 Best Styling tools
Look like you've just stepped out of the hair salon with these handy gadgets - they're not just a load of hot air
Monday 05 March 2012
1. Parlux 3200 hairdryer
Powerful yet not too heavy, these professional favourites are expensive but will stand the test of time. And now they have the option of being fitted with a silencer.
2. Haito Wand
If you end up in a tangle with traditional rollers and tongs, then a styling wand is the easiest option. Simply wind a section at a time around the heated conical wand and release for instant bounce.
3. GHD straighteners
When a brand name becomes a by-word for its product it's undoubtedly the market leader – as is the case with these oft-imitated but never bettered, brilliant ceramic hair straighteners.
4. Mark Hill glam rock hair rollers
Rollers are an old-fashioned concept, but some still swear by this method of creating curls and volume – try the only heated Velcro versions available.
5. Remington Multi-style S6600
If you are not one for everyday primping, this multi-use gadget would be a good buy. It has a straightening function, and cancreate three different curl sizes.
6. Wahl Signature Styling Spirolls
This product combines curling tong, heated rollers and conical tong. Each one has a colour change indicator – leave to cool for long-lasting waves.
£60, Babylissmen, argos.co.uk
Clippers are essential for keeping a crew cut looking sharp. Eight different cutting grades make this version versatile enough to tidy up longer lengths or create an even, close shave.
8. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver
This strange-looking contraption creates big "S" waves in hair. Work sections through the barrels for bouncy-looking hair in a flash.
9. Vidal Sassoon hot air dryer
Get the necessary lift for a retro hairdo with this handy styler. Tease wet hair with it to add volume while drying. A curl release minimises tangling and pulling.
10. Tresemme Salon Professional Lightweight AC 2000
Good value for money, this makes balancing a hairdryer in one hand and a brush in the other a doddle.
Life & Style blogs
No, a porn star wasn't tricked into performing a sex act on her brother
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
- 1 Caitlyn Jenner car crash: Driver who died in collision sued by surviving passengers for $18.5m
- 2 Pictures show young Palestinian girl biting Israeli soldier trying to detain boy during West Bank protests
- 3 Watch the Supermoon live: How to see the brightest Moon of the year tonight
- 4 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 5 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
£18000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Executive or Senior Sal...
£40000 - £55000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£22000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This industry leading company produces h...
£20000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This IT provider for the educat...