The 10 Best Styling tools
Look like you've just stepped out of the hair salon with these handy gadgets - they're not just a load of hot air
Monday 05 March 2012
1. Parlux 3200 hairdryer
Powerful yet not too heavy, these professional favourites are expensive but will stand the test of time. And now they have the option of being fitted with a silencer.
2. Haito Wand
If you end up in a tangle with traditional rollers and tongs, then a styling wand is the easiest option. Simply wind a section at a time around the heated conical wand and release for instant bounce.
3. GHD straighteners
When a brand name becomes a by-word for its product it's undoubtedly the market leader – as is the case with these oft-imitated but never bettered, brilliant ceramic hair straighteners.
4. Mark Hill glam rock hair rollers
Rollers are an old-fashioned concept, but some still swear by this method of creating curls and volume – try the only heated Velcro versions available.
5. Remington Multi-style S6600
If you are not one for everyday primping, this multi-use gadget would be a good buy. It has a straightening function, and cancreate three different curl sizes.
6. Wahl Signature Styling Spirolls
This product combines curling tong, heated rollers and conical tong. Each one has a colour change indicator – leave to cool for long-lasting waves.
£60, Babylissmen, argos.co.uk
Clippers are essential for keeping a crew cut looking sharp. Eight different cutting grades make this version versatile enough to tidy up longer lengths or create an even, close shave.
8. Enrapture Amplify Jumbo Waver
This strange-looking contraption creates big "S" waves in hair. Work sections through the barrels for bouncy-looking hair in a flash.
9. Vidal Sassoon hot air dryer
Get the necessary lift for a retro hairdo with this handy styler. Tease wet hair with it to add volume while drying. A curl release minimises tangling and pulling.
10. Tresemme Salon Professional Lightweight AC 2000
Good value for money, this makes balancing a hairdryer in one hand and a brush in the other a doddle.
Life & Style blogs
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
James Foley beheading: Twitter 'actively suspending' accounts sharing graphic imagery
Greggs Google fail: bakery chain falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 James Foley 'beheaded': Isis video shows militant with British accent 'execute US journalist' – and warns Obama of more to come
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns aged 27
- 3 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
- 4 Nicki Minaj finally releases predictable 'Anaconda' video
- 5 James Foley 'beheading': Met police warn public watching murder video could be criminal offence
£45000 per annum: Harrington Starr: Quantitative Analyst (Financial Services, ...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: Application Support Engineer (C++, .NET, VB, Per...
Negotiable: Harrington Starr: C# .NET Software Developer (Client-Side, SQL, VB...
£40000 - £60000 per annum + Benefits + Bonus: Harrington Starr: C# Developer (...