The 10 Best waterproof make-up
In the pool or the lashing rain - this summer more than most there’s a need for a beauty bag of resilient products
Monday 18 June 2012
1. Sealing gel
A couple of drops added to any powder will not only create a waterproof paste that dries quickly, but enhances the colour and sparkle of the original product.
2. Beach Tint for Cheeks & Lips in Watermelon
A blendable and versatile cream stain, it is water resistant and dries to a streak-free, non-greasy finish that is kind to sensitive skin.
3. Smudge Stick waterproofeye liner
With a long-lasting pigmented formula, these crayon liners glide over the eye, delivering intense colour with a shimmering finish.
£13, Stila, asos.com
4. Forever Fluid foundation
This wonder product is capable of identifying the skin's specific needs on application and correcting them throughout the day. It's constantly mattifying and hydrating.
£31, Diorskin, dior.com
5. Fix makeup spray
This wonder potion creates a light, breathable film over make-up to stop any slipping or smudging. Designed to keep skin soft and supple on hot days.
£21, Clarins, 0800 036 3558
6. Bad Gal waterproof kohl eyeliner
This creates a dark, durable and smooth line. The smudge stick on the end also allows you to perfect a smoky eye, great for the evening.
7. Metallic crème eye colour
This satiny, creamy texture is super light and won't crease, leaving a flattering metallic sheen. Designed to dry slowly.
£18.50, Laura Mercier, Space NK, uk.spacenk.com
8. Bold Black waterproof mascara
This will give your lashes length, volume and long-lasting wear. It's smudge-proof and quick-drying with jojoba oil and vitamin E.
£6.19, Barry M, barrym.com
9. Lipfinity lasting lip tint
This lip colour has a felt-tip pen to easily define and colour lips. It creates a light sheen is absorbed to give a fresh look.
£6.99, Max Factor, maxfactor.co.uk
10. Pro longwear lip creme in Dear Diary
A lightweight texture and creamy finish mixed in with a long-wear formula and loaded with fabulous colour makes this a holiday winner.
Life & Style blogs
Twitter’s American Airlines ‘terror threat’ 14-year-old girl arrested by police in Rotterdam
Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
Heartbleed: 50m Android phones may be affected, report shows
The pain of IVF: Italian woman vows to keep the IVF babies from someone else’s eggs
Smoking cannabis could change the part of the brain dealing with motivation, according to one new study
- 1 Refugee facing deportation from Sweden saved by fellow passengers refusing to let plane leave
- 2 Naked yoga: the bare truth - it's already big in the US, and has now landed here
- 3 Man on a leash in Farringdon, London: Mystery of 'walkies' solved
- 4 24 people applied for the 'world's toughest job', here are their interviews
- 5 Drugs giant GlaxoSmithKline bribed doctors to boost sales, says whistleblower
£26K-30k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£25K-28k + Bonus, Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension: Charter Selectio...
£50000 - £65000 Per Annum potentially flexible for the right candidate: Clearw...
£38000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Do you have experience of ...