The 10 Best waterproof make-up
In the pool or the lashing rain - this summer more than most there’s a need for a beauty bag of resilient products
Monday 18 June 2012
1. Sealing gel
A couple of drops added to any powder will not only create a waterproof paste that dries quickly, but enhances the colour and sparkle of the original product.
2. Beach Tint for Cheeks & Lips in Watermelon
A blendable and versatile cream stain, it is water resistant and dries to a streak-free, non-greasy finish that is kind to sensitive skin.
3. Smudge Stick waterproofeye liner
With a long-lasting pigmented formula, these crayon liners glide over the eye, delivering intense colour with a shimmering finish.
£13, Stila, asos.com
4. Forever Fluid foundation
This wonder product is capable of identifying the skin's specific needs on application and correcting them throughout the day. It's constantly mattifying and hydrating.
£31, Diorskin, dior.com
5. Fix makeup spray
This wonder potion creates a light, breathable film over make-up to stop any slipping or smudging. Designed to keep skin soft and supple on hot days.
£21, Clarins, 0800 036 3558
6. Bad Gal waterproof kohl eyeliner
This creates a dark, durable and smooth line. The smudge stick on the end also allows you to perfect a smoky eye, great for the evening.
7. Metallic crème eye colour
This satiny, creamy texture is super light and won't crease, leaving a flattering metallic sheen. Designed to dry slowly.
£18.50, Laura Mercier, Space NK, uk.spacenk.com
8. Bold Black waterproof mascara
This will give your lashes length, volume and long-lasting wear. It's smudge-proof and quick-drying with jojoba oil and vitamin E.
£6.19, Barry M, barrym.com
9. Lipfinity lasting lip tint
This lip colour has a felt-tip pen to easily define and colour lips. It creates a light sheen is absorbed to give a fresh look.
£6.99, Max Factor, maxfactor.co.uk
10. Pro longwear lip creme in Dear Diary
A lightweight texture and creamy finish mixed in with a long-wear formula and loaded with fabulous colour makes this a holiday winner.
Life & Style blogs
Men in crop tops seem to be trending thanks to Kid Cudi, the social media and the catwalk
What is ALS and the Ice Bucket Challenge?
Greggs Google fail: bakery falls afoul of search engine's algorithms with 'unofficial' logo
Anal sex study reveals climate of 'coercion'
Is this the end of apps? New research says a third of us don't bother to download
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
£30000 - £34000 per annum: Charter Selection: This highly successful organisat...
£600 - £800 per day: Harrington Starr: Java/Calypso Developer Java, Calypso, ...
Highly Attractive Package: Austen Lloyd: CITY - COMMERCIAL LITIGATION - GLOBAL...
Highly Competitive Package: Austen Lloyd: SOUTH COAST - MARINE / SHIPPING Th...