The 10 Best waterproof make-up
In the pool or the lashing rain - this summer more than most there’s a need for a beauty bag of resilient products
Monday 18 June 2012
1. Sealing gel
A couple of drops added to any powder will not only create a waterproof paste that dries quickly, but enhances the colour and sparkle of the original product.
2. Beach Tint for Cheeks & Lips in Watermelon
A blendable and versatile cream stain, it is water resistant and dries to a streak-free, non-greasy finish that is kind to sensitive skin.
3. Smudge Stick waterproofeye liner
With a long-lasting pigmented formula, these crayon liners glide over the eye, delivering intense colour with a shimmering finish.
£13, Stila, asos.com
4. Forever Fluid foundation
This wonder product is capable of identifying the skin's specific needs on application and correcting them throughout the day. It's constantly mattifying and hydrating.
£31, Diorskin, dior.com
5. Fix makeup spray
This wonder potion creates a light, breathable film over make-up to stop any slipping or smudging. Designed to keep skin soft and supple on hot days.
£21, Clarins, 0800 036 3558
6. Bad Gal waterproof kohl eyeliner
This creates a dark, durable and smooth line. The smudge stick on the end also allows you to perfect a smoky eye, great for the evening.
7. Metallic crème eye colour
This satiny, creamy texture is super light and won't crease, leaving a flattering metallic sheen. Designed to dry slowly.
£18.50, Laura Mercier, Space NK, uk.spacenk.com
8. Bold Black waterproof mascara
This will give your lashes length, volume and long-lasting wear. It's smudge-proof and quick-drying with jojoba oil and vitamin E.
£6.19, Barry M, barrym.com
9. Lipfinity lasting lip tint
This lip colour has a felt-tip pen to easily define and colour lips. It creates a light sheen is absorbed to give a fresh look.
£6.99, Max Factor, maxfactor.co.uk
10. Pro longwear lip creme in Dear Diary
A lightweight texture and creamy finish mixed in with a long-wear formula and loaded with fabulous colour makes this a holiday winner.
Life & Style blogs
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
A nap a day could save your life
Windows 10 automatically sends parents detailed dossier of their children's internet history and computer use
The antidote to Tinder? Majority of dating app users want relationship, rather than hook-ups, study finds
The truth behind who really buys sex dolls, from the man who makes the most realistic ones you can buy
- 1 Rules on 5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out
- 2 Hulk Hogan wants to be Donald Trump's running mate in the US Presidential election
- 3 Blood Moon and Supermoon: September to bring brightest – and dimmest – full Moon of the year on same night
- 4 News agency criticised for describing Amal Clooney as 'actor's wife' in coverage of human rights trial
- 5 David De Gea to Real Madrid: Real finally get their man with £29m bid for Manchester United goalkeeper
£28000 - £37000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an opportunity to join ...
£22000 - £29000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company's mission is to ma...
£13832 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This 5 star leisure destination on the w...
£20000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Sales Account Manager is requ...