The best Christmas gifts for the aesthete
Saturday 24 November 2012
Main image: face pots, £67, Aram; frames, from £5, John Lewis
1. Cushion by Suki Cheema, £100, Liberty
2. 1957-designed Vitra Eye Clock by George Nelson, £258, Heals
3. Fornasetti 'Profili on Red' tray, £632.55, Far Fetch
4. Lento fly-shaped smoke alarm, £27.50, Aram
5. Fish tumbler for bathroom, £15.50, The Conran Shop
6. Rockingham chair, £525, V&A Shop
7. Olbian Candle by Diptyque, £55, Liberty
8. Log holder by Avebury, £295, Chesneys
9. Jocker throw by Missoni Home, £240, Heals
10. Jennings bath, £6,830, The Water Monopoly
11. 'Sixty' cordless phone by Sagemcom, £99.99, Selfridges
12. Dalston Rose bedside table lamp by House of Hackney, £365, Liberty
13. Victoire cat tray by Ibride, £85, Liberty
14. Smoke screen by Anna James, £2,925, Culture Label
15. Crystal bulb and pendant light by Lee Broom, £189, Rockett St George
16. 'On the farm' cushion by Ellie Curtis, £55, The Shop Floor Project
17. 'Walnut tree shadow' chair, £1,495, Duffy London
18. 'David' head, £129, Dwell
19. Tree trunk stool, £149, Dwell
20. 'Grand chandelier glo-canvas', £195, Duffy London
21. Small 'crushed' vase by Muuto, £35, The Conran Shop
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportThe coach of Chalfont St Peter's under-10s football team was relieved of his duties after he sent an email to parents that said: 'I am only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
indybestMake getting out of the wrong side of bed on cold winter mornings a thing of the past with our selection of night-time covers
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Life & Style blogs
The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
The 50 Best Christmas Gifts for Women
PS4 beats Xbox One to become UK’s fastest ever selling console
UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
Tippy the Fainting Squirrel becomes YouTube star as video of cute collapsing rodent goes viral
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 UK chef creates world's most expensive ready meal - a fish pie costing £314
- 4 Food poverty in UK has reached level of 'public health emergency', warn experts
- 5 I’m sure Kate Moss doesn't care about posing for Playboy. But I do
£50000 - £70000 per annum + London: Harrington Starr: Senior Automation QA Eng...
£35000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits : Harrington Starr: SQL 2008 R2/2012 Deve...
£38000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits: Pro-Recruitment Group: Creative Audit Se...
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits: Harrington Starr: SQL Developer (TSQL, P...