The best Christmas gifts for the gent
Friday 23 November 2012
Main image: eclectic bronze shoe door stop by Tom Dixon, £145, Selfridges; selection of frames, from £5, John Lewis
1. Gift membership, £55, British Museum
2. Gucci link print silk scarf, £195, Matches
3. Harmonica, £4.95, The Conran Shop
4. Brionvega Coney TV, £999, The Conran Shop
5. Silk bow tie by Mark/Giusi, £65, Quintessentially Gifts
6. Domino set, £115, Pickett
7. Hand Shadows book by Henry Bursill, £12.50, Liberty
8. Penhaligon's tin of Brighton oversized matches, £30, Quintessentially Gifts
9. Nude backgammon set by Alexandra Llewellyn Design, £2,100, Quintessentially Gifts
10. Shoe brush, £26, Museum of London shop
11. Gillan armchair, £299, Dwell
12. Bah! Humbugs, £4, Hoxton Street Monster Supplies
13. Needlepoint slippers by Alexander McQueen, £615, Mr Porter
14. Tartan hip flask (40z), £49, Aspinal
15. Anderson's belts, £68, Matches
16. Leather holdall, £249, Radley
17. Longridge Practice putting mat, £19.99, Argos
18. Guitar signed by The Police, £1,250, Vintage Seekers
19. Heritage peacoat, £295, Lyle & Scott
Emergency call 'started off dumb, but got pretty serious'
Britain First criticised for using actress's memory to draw attention to their 'hate-filled home page'
Thought you'd seen it all after the Jeremy Paxman interview?
Greatest mystery about the hit BBC1 show is how it continues to be made at all, writes Grace Dent
"History is violent," says the US Army tank commander Don "Wardaddy" Collier
Striker's four-month ban for biting an opponent expires on Friday
Life & Style blogs
Ebola outbreak: Virus to kill 67,000 in Monrovia by December, claims academic study
Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
Ebola: NYC doctor Craig Spencer tests positive for disease after returning from west Africa
Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
What do the text messages between you and your partner reveal about your relationship?
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
£50 - £60 per day + plus free travel scheme: Randstad Education Cardiff: The J...
£30000 - £35000 Per Annum plus excellent benefits: Clearwater People Solutions...
£120 - £162 per day: Randstad Education Hull: Randstad Education have cover su...
£50 per day: Randstad Education Chelmsford: Teaching Assistants/LSAAre you a T...