The best pom-pom beanies for winter
The bigger the pom-pom, the better. Embrace the cold with this playful chunky-knit, says Linda Sharkey
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 03 December 2013
With all the knitwear and wool that lands in-stores this season, one cool must-have accessory is the beanie. It comes in different styles and shapes, and since it became so popular in every woman's wardrobe, the classic beanie has been embellished and modified.
One of its most popular adds is the pom-pom. It was first thought to be only for kids, but it was embraced by the catwalks of autumn/winter collections last year and its survival still reigns. From wool to fur, the pom-pom is most definitely the cool kid of the block.
1. Asos: The bigger the better. It is the classic beanie shape with one oversized pompom in a two tone grey chunky knit. £8, www.asos.com
2: Eugenia Kim: The playful choice. Mickey Mouse ears knitted as pompoms in a knit-wool beanie will brighten up your day. The versatile black hue will match your favourite winter pieces. £150, www.net-a-porter.com
3: The North Circular: A good wrap up. The two tone chunky red and grey beanie is hand-knitted by British Grandmas and wraps your head from the forehead to the back of the ears. £90 www.avenue32.com
4. Sister by Sibling: The trio designers brought back the knitwear into the fashion scene. Their Autumn/Winter consists of oversized wool, prints and bright colours, just like this beanie in black with tactile mouse ear pom-poms in neon pink. £175, www.asos.com
5. 711: A blue embellished beanie is the colourful add to the dark winter shades. It is a limited edition garment by the capsule brand 711. £120, www.browns.com
6. H&M: A cable-knit beanie with a pom-pom and rib-knit. It has an affordable price tag and it's available in red and light beige, two key colours of the season. £6.99, www.hm.com
Life & Style blogs
The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
How Stephen Hawking is still alive, defying ALS and the worst expectations
Majority of UK women don't bathe or take a shower daily
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
- 1 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 2 Man to be beheaded in Saudi Arabia after ripping up a Koran and hitting it with his shoe
- 3 Husband and wife die holding hands within hours of each other after 67 years of marriage
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
£9 per hour: Recruitment Genius: This role is based within a small family run ...
£28000 - £32000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This Design and marketing agenc...
£46000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This property investment firm are lookin...
£18000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company specialises provid...