The best pom-pom beanies for winter
The bigger the pom-pom, the better. Embrace the cold with this playful chunky-knit, says Linda Sharkey
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She's Content Producer and online fashion writer. In the past, she's worked in different areas across the website, including editor of mobile app Independent Plus.
Tuesday 03 December 2013
With all the knitwear and wool that lands in-stores this season, one cool must-have accessory is the beanie. It comes in different styles and shapes, and since it became so popular in every woman's wardrobe, the classic beanie has been embellished and modified.
One of its most popular adds is the pom-pom. It was first thought to be only for kids, but it was embraced by the catwalks of autumn/winter collections last year and its survival still reigns. From wool to fur, the pom-pom is most definitely the cool kid of the block.
1. Asos: The bigger the better. It is the classic beanie shape with one oversized pompom in a two tone grey chunky knit. £8, www.asos.com
2: Eugenia Kim: The playful choice. Mickey Mouse ears knitted as pompoms in a knit-wool beanie will brighten up your day. The versatile black hue will match your favourite winter pieces. £150, www.net-a-porter.com
3: The North Circular: A good wrap up. The two tone chunky red and grey beanie is hand-knitted by British Grandmas and wraps your head from the forehead to the back of the ears. £90 www.avenue32.com
4. Sister by Sibling: The trio designers brought back the knitwear into the fashion scene. Their Autumn/Winter consists of oversized wool, prints and bright colours, just like this beanie in black with tactile mouse ear pom-poms in neon pink. £175, www.asos.com
5. 711: A blue embellished beanie is the colourful add to the dark winter shades. It is a limited edition garment by the capsule brand 711. £120, www.browns.com
6. H&M: A cable-knit beanie with a pom-pom and rib-knit. It has an affordable price tag and it's available in red and light beige, two key colours of the season. £6.99, www.hm.com
Life & Style blogs
Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
Free porn websites could be shut down within months, says David Cameron
National Orgasm Day: Six reasons (plus one bogus one) why they're good for us
The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
What do the emojis on Snapchat mean?
- 1 Windows 10: man updates PC, wakes up to find porn slideshow on repeat
- 2 The 'world's most beautiful vagina' has been debunked by science
- 3 John Green schools morning show hosts after awkward interview with Cara Delevingne
- 4 Bulletproof armadillo puts Texas man in hospital after shot bounces off hard shell
- 5 Doctors declare war on Jeremy Hunt over weekend working 'myths' amid plan for seven day NHS
£17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They are a leading company in the field ...
£30000 - £35000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is an exciting opportunity...
£26041 - £34876 per annum: Recruitment Genius: There has never been a more exc...
£14000 - £17000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The fastest growing travel comp...