The best pom-pom beanies for winter
The bigger the pom-pom, the better. Embrace the cold with this playful chunky-knit, says Linda Sharkey
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 03 December 2013
With all the knitwear and wool that lands in-stores this season, one cool must-have accessory is the beanie. It comes in different styles and shapes, and since it became so popular in every woman's wardrobe, the classic beanie has been embellished and modified.
One of its most popular adds is the pom-pom. It was first thought to be only for kids, but it was embraced by the catwalks of autumn/winter collections last year and its survival still reigns. From wool to fur, the pom-pom is most definitely the cool kid of the block.
1. Asos: The bigger the better. It is the classic beanie shape with one oversized pompom in a two tone grey chunky knit. £8, www.asos.com
2: Eugenia Kim: The playful choice. Mickey Mouse ears knitted as pompoms in a knit-wool beanie will brighten up your day. The versatile black hue will match your favourite winter pieces. £150, www.net-a-porter.com
3: The North Circular: A good wrap up. The two tone chunky red and grey beanie is hand-knitted by British Grandmas and wraps your head from the forehead to the back of the ears. £90 www.avenue32.com
4. Sister by Sibling: The trio designers brought back the knitwear into the fashion scene. Their Autumn/Winter consists of oversized wool, prints and bright colours, just like this beanie in black with tactile mouse ear pom-poms in neon pink. £175, www.asos.com
5. 711: A blue embellished beanie is the colourful add to the dark winter shades. It is a limited edition garment by the capsule brand 711. £120, www.browns.com
6. H&M: A cable-knit beanie with a pom-pom and rib-knit. It has an affordable price tag and it's available in red and light beige, two key colours of the season. £6.99, www.hm.com
Life & Style blogs
Dating site hack reveals sexual secrets of 4 million users
Well, it seemed like a good idea at the time: 10 worst gadgets of recent times
Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
Teenager tries to buy elderly homeless man breakfast at McDonald's but is told homeless people cannot be served under 'new policy'
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 4 Witch doctor arrested after forcing newborn baby to walk in Indian village
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...