The best pom-pom beanies for winter
The bigger the pom-pom, the better. Embrace the cold with this playful chunky-knit, says Linda Sharkey
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 03 December 2013
With all the knitwear and wool that lands in-stores this season, one cool must-have accessory is the beanie. It comes in different styles and shapes, and since it became so popular in every woman's wardrobe, the classic beanie has been embellished and modified.
One of its most popular adds is the pom-pom. It was first thought to be only for kids, but it was embraced by the catwalks of autumn/winter collections last year and its survival still reigns. From wool to fur, the pom-pom is most definitely the cool kid of the block.
1. Asos: The bigger the better. It is the classic beanie shape with one oversized pompom in a two tone grey chunky knit. £8, www.asos.com
2: Eugenia Kim: The playful choice. Mickey Mouse ears knitted as pompoms in a knit-wool beanie will brighten up your day. The versatile black hue will match your favourite winter pieces. £150, www.net-a-porter.com
3: The North Circular: A good wrap up. The two tone chunky red and grey beanie is hand-knitted by British Grandmas and wraps your head from the forehead to the back of the ears. £90 www.avenue32.com
4. Sister by Sibling: The trio designers brought back the knitwear into the fashion scene. Their Autumn/Winter consists of oversized wool, prints and bright colours, just like this beanie in black with tactile mouse ear pom-poms in neon pink. £175, www.asos.com
5. 711: A blue embellished beanie is the colourful add to the dark winter shades. It is a limited edition garment by the capsule brand 711. £120, www.browns.com
6. H&M: A cable-knit beanie with a pom-pom and rib-knit. It has an affordable price tag and it's available in red and light beige, two key colours of the season. £6.99, www.hm.com
Life & Style blogs
Schematics from Israel's Iron Dome missile shield 'hacked' by Chinese, says report
Ebola outbreak: Why has a disease that's only ever killed 2,000 people captivated the darkest side of our imagination?
Ebola virus: UK health officials issue warning to doctors as experts admit the outbreak 'is not under control'
Topless sunbathing is no longer 'du jour' in France
Gamers still hear gunfire, screams and falling coins days after playing, study finds
- 1 What if 35 Palestinians had died, and 800 Israelis?
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
- < Previous
- Next >
£110 - £120 per day + Travel Scheme and Free training: Randstad Education Card...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + benefits: Ashdown Group: We are working with one o...
£55 - £65 per day + Travel Scheme and Free Training: Randstad Education Cardif...
£450 - £650 per day + competitive: Orgtel: My client, a leading bank, is curre...