The best pom-pom beanies for winter
The bigger the pom-pom, the better. Embrace the cold with this playful chunky-knit, says Linda Sharkey
Linda Sharkey has been an online journalist at The Independent since 2011. She is involved in different areas across the website and is currently the editor of our latest tool, Independent Plus. As the fashionista of the team, she looks after our Fashion section. Linda also shares her style on her pesonal blog www.fashioninsideout.co.uk
Tuesday 03 December 2013
With all the knitwear and wool that lands in-stores this season, one cool must-have accessory is the beanie. It comes in different styles and shapes, and since it became so popular in every woman's wardrobe, the classic beanie has been embellished and modified.
One of its most popular adds is the pom-pom. It was first thought to be only for kids, but it was embraced by the catwalks of autumn/winter collections last year and its survival still reigns. From wool to fur, the pom-pom is most definitely the cool kid of the block.
1. Asos: The bigger the better. It is the classic beanie shape with one oversized pompom in a two tone grey chunky knit. £8, www.asos.com
2: Eugenia Kim: The playful choice. Mickey Mouse ears knitted as pompoms in a knit-wool beanie will brighten up your day. The versatile black hue will match your favourite winter pieces. £150, www.net-a-porter.com
3: The North Circular: A good wrap up. The two tone chunky red and grey beanie is hand-knitted by British Grandmas and wraps your head from the forehead to the back of the ears. £90 www.avenue32.com
4. Sister by Sibling: The trio designers brought back the knitwear into the fashion scene. Their Autumn/Winter consists of oversized wool, prints and bright colours, just like this beanie in black with tactile mouse ear pom-poms in neon pink. £175, www.asos.com
5. 711: A blue embellished beanie is the colourful add to the dark winter shades. It is a limited edition garment by the capsule brand 711. £120, www.browns.com
6. H&M: A cable-knit beanie with a pom-pom and rib-knit. It has an affordable price tag and it's available in red and light beige, two key colours of the season. £6.99, www.hm.com
Life & Style blogs
Coachella Festival 2015: from Kendall Jenner to Alexa Chung, stars and festival-goers parade their boho best
What do the emoji on Snapchat mean?
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
The busiest Starbucks in the US is also the most secretive - it's where the CIA gets its coffee fix
'Game-changing' new way to fight cancer discovered
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
- 3 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits: Ashdown Group: Front-End UI Application ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£27000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Domestic Service Only Engineers are requ...
£23600 - £27500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: The Employability Service withi...