The experts: A flick of black eyeliner is an instant way to define eyes for day or night
A feline flick of black eyeliner has become something of a cosmetic safety blanket for those who don't have the time or dexterity to blend three shades of shadow to create the perfect smoky eye. Whether the line is as voluptuous as a pin-up idol's, or as sharp as a cat's claw, it is an instant way to define eyes for day or night.
There are many tricks that can be used to ensure a precise finish, from sticky-taping corners of eyes to create a stencil (a bit drastic, make sure you take some of the stickiness off on your clothes first) to pencilling it in before tracing over it with an inked-up brush.
The flick goes one step further this season, as the catwalk's gothic mood translates to one-shade black eyeshadow washed over the whole eye. Bobbi Brown's Kohl Cake Liner is just the multi-tasking product that you need at this time of year when a quick desk-to-drinks turnaround time is vital.
The powder in this limited edition pot is densely pigmented but finely milled. Use a dry shadow brush to smudge all over the eyelid, before wetting a liner brush to add a glossy flick on your upper lash line. No tricks required.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 2 Tower Bridge glass walkway 'smashed' by night-time visitor dropping bottle of beer
- 3 Anti-gay hate preacher accidentally tweets 4,000 followers cartoon clip of him 'confessing' to be a 'homosexual sodomite'
- 4 Woman opens professional cuddling shop – gets 10,000 customers in first week
- 5 Grayson Perry: London needs affordable housing because 'rich people don't create culture'
£25k + commission + benefits: Savvy Media Ltd: Find a job you love and never h...
Excellent Salary: Austen Lloyd: CORPORATE - Corporate Solicitor NQ+ An excelle...
Voluntary Only - Expenses Reimbursed: Reach Volunteering: A trustee (company d...
£45000 - £65000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This is a fantastic opportunity...