The experts: The best foundation for summer
Casting off the heavier coverage of winter make-up may feel a bit daunting before summer proper actually arrives, but as the sun begins to put in a more regular appearance, now is the time to wean oneself off the full-strength stuff.
Lancôme builds on the popularity of the skin-improving formula of its Visionnaire foundation by introducing a dual product to the range in which a tone-matched concealer comes as part of the package (£36, Teint Visionnaire, available nationwide).
The new Nearly Naked collection from Revlon is built around two products in a range of shades: a lightweight liquid foundation and a finely-milled, pressed powder compact (from £7.99, Nearly Naked, available nationwide), both of which contain hollow silica pigments to gently diffuse light without creating too dewy a look.
Velvet is one of the design signatures of Dolce & Gabbana's ready-to-wear collections, and now it's inspiration for the much-lauded beauty collection from the brand. Although these new matte finish foundations and concealers (from £25, Perfect Matte, harrods.com) provide coverage that is on the heavier end of the spectrum, the soft-to-touch finish makes them just right for right now.
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Cyclist who knocked down three-year-old girl says his life has been 'destroyed'
- 2 A politically correct lefty goes to see Top Gear live – you'll probably believe what happened next
- 3 Isis burns woman alive for refusing to engage in 'extreme' sex act, UN says
- 4 Puerto Rico, island of lost dreams: People are leaving the debt-hit territory in droves as near neighbour Cuba's star rises
- 5 Snoop Dogg on why he doesn't regret displaying misogyny towards women
£40-50K: Guru Careers: We are seeking an experienced Software / C# Developer w...
£35 - 40k + Benefits: Guru Careers: We are seeking a Software Developer (JavaS...
£18000 - £23000 per annum + Commission: SThree: As a Trainee Recruitment Consu...