The Experts: The best luxury bathing products
Luxury bathing, something of a lost art in these harried times, comes into its own at this time of year. Wallowing in warm water while steam clears the gunk out of your pores, lungs and head is one of the few pleasures left in this puritan month.
Growing up, there was no greater sign that my mother wanted a bit of respite, than a vial of VO5 hot oil warming by the bath. The beauty world has thankfully moved on from the Eighties; these days we have masks, mousses and even whips – the latter so delicious-sounding they come with 'Do not eat' warnings.
Percy & Reed's Totally TLC Hydrating Mask (£20, percyandreed.com) comes with a snazzy, bird-adorned plastic bonnet in order to trap in heat and open hair cuticles, ensuring that coconut oil and marshmallow extract can get to work nourishing frazzled winter tresses.
On a recent trip to an ESPA salon, the therapist had to thrice anoint my scalp with Pink Hair and Scalp Mud (from £18, espaonline.com), so dry was it. Washing the delightfully-scented blend of apricot kernel oil, red clay and watercress off the next morning revealed glossy but not greasy hair that days later remained plump and softened.
Presents unwrapped, turkey gobbled... it's time to relax
Life & Style blogs
Should doctors and patients learn to plan humane, happier endings rather than trying to prolong life?
Black Friday: Best beauty deals
Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Black Friday: best UK tech deals on iPads, Macs, PS4 and more
Black Friday: From Bicester Village to Amazon, best fashion deals
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
£40k - 45k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£30k - 35k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: We’re currently re...
£35k - 45k per year + benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...
£60k - 80k per year + Benefits: Opilio Recruitment: A fantastic opportunity ...