The Fashion Audit: Flying Colours, Get Knotted and Tees Are Green
What we love, we're not sure about, we're buying and can't wait for...
We love: Flying colours
From Hayworth to Fairclough the name Rita conjures up a lady of distinctive style. Acne's shearling flying jacket - updated in acid brights for the new season - certainly meets the criteria of the moniker.
We're not sure about: Travel-dodge
Designer-outlet shopping may have been detoxified by the recession, but spending the night in a Travelodge on the cut-price togs emporium that is Cheshire Oaks may be taking the phrase "shop 'til you drop" too literally.
We're buying: Get knotted
These beautiful scarves from print designer Charlotte Linton are just the thing for this time of year – on the large side, they can be used to wrap up against the chill or lie on in the park if the sun should make an impromptu appearance.
We can't wait for: Tees are green
If you're going to do your bit for charity these days, the least you can hope to get out of it, apart from the karmic brownie points of course, is a T-shirt. Markus Lupfer has traded in his signature sequins but kept his sense of humour with this design for Trees for Cities' Tree-Athalon.
15 September, treesforcities.org
We're booking: Lady Diana
In her own words legendary Harper's Bazaar and Vogue editor Diana Vreeland was "the one and only fashion editor" and her life and legacy is celebrated in this new film of archive footage and contributions from leading fashion creatives.
The Eye Has To Travel is released on 21 September.
Life & Style blogs
A roundup of the latest property news
Plus, do energy saving measures boost house prices?
The spring menswear season has only just begun, but I've already started to get deep and meaningful....
- 1 Diary of Second World War German teenager reveals young lives untroubled by Nazi Holocaust in wartime Berlin
- 2 Bosses of collapsed banks should be sent to jail, banking standards commission tells George Osborne
- 3 Breaking the Silence: In the reality of occupation, there are no Palestinian civilians – only potential terrorists
- 4 Uri Geller psychic spy? The spoon-bender's secret life as a Mossad and CIA agent revealed
- 5 Vice pulls 'breathtakingly tasteless' fashion shoot glorifying the suicides of famous female authors from Sylvia Plath to Virginia Woolf
£30000 - £35000 per annum: May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're an ambi...
£43000 - £50000 per annum + £5K Car Allowance + Bens : May & Stephens Recrui...
£18000 - £22000 per annum + Bens : May & Stephens Recruitment Group: If you're...
£16000 - £23000 per annum + OTE £23k - £45k: Connex Education: Connex Educatio...