The Fashion Audit: Purified, Peter Piper, Givenchy and Topman's General Store
What we love, we're not sure about, we're buying and can't wait for...
We Love: Made for walking
According to current theory, there is no such thing as too many pairs of shoes. So joyous news, then, that new brand Purified has emerged from the creative depths of east London to fill in any high-end footwear gaps.
We're not sure about: Peter Piper
The Audit is all for giving second chances, but maybe a clothing line for usually impeccably cool Parisian high-street brand The Kooples is a chance too far. Especially if the person is Pete (sorry...Peter) Doherty, and the launch was delayed by his stint behind bars.
We're buying: Mister Perfect
Remember the magic of ink erasers at school? One swipe of the whiffy tip and any blots were instantly removed from your copybook. Givenchy has created a chic update for the face, with interchangeable heads which can be used to fix mascara smudges or lipstick bleeds in a trice.
£20, available nationwide
We can't wait for: Graduation time
It's almost that time of year again, when the new wave of fashion grads gets the chance to show off their wares. The Royal College of Art is celebrating its 175th year as one of the world's most respected training grounds and its public show is a chance to see the work of stars of the future, such as Hannah Buswell.
30 May, rca.ac.uk
We're visiting: General store
Generalisations are generally a bad thing, but the general consensus is that there are exceptions – such as Topman's general-store concept. The second one has just opened in Covent Garden with branded pieces and own-label wares.
36-38 Earlham Street, WC2
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Sofyen Belamouadden murder: The inside story of a crime that horrified Britain
- 2 How to turn off/stop 'seen by' on Facebook: Disable it to make your chats seem less passive aggressive
- 3 Company breaks open Apple Watch to discover what it says is 'planned obsolescence'
- 4 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 5 Buckingham Palace guard who attacked passers-by in 'most most violent piece of CCTV footage' police officer had seen walks free
£22000 - £40000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company is part of a Group...
£16000 - £18000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: Are you a a young, dynamic pers...
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...