The fashion experts: Smellies in crackers
The world of beauty may already have Christmas gifting wrapped up in the form of sets of smellies, but a host of brands has also branched out into crackers to ensure lunch goes off with a bang. Instead of flinging the usual cheap plastic keyrings into the nooks and crannies of your dining room, there are skincare and beauty miniatures to please the most discerning of guests.
For mixed parties, a set from Kiehl's (£35) containing mini skincare treats for men and women will engender some good-natured swapping, while each of Maison Martin Margiela's newsprint crackers (£40) contains a 7ml bottle of (Untitled), the brand's unisex fragrance.
For luxury lovers, Estée Lauder (£45) and Lancôme (£50) both have offerings that combine the skincare excellence and much-loved make-up that have made the brands global powerhouses. Lancôme's selection includes its much-loved Hypnose mascara, a Juicy Tube lipgloss and the lovely smelling and gently effective eye make-up remover, Bi-Facil, as well as a beauty tip instead of a lame joke. While lovers of all things traditional will find enclosed a paper hat to put a smile on their beautifully made-up face.
Sets of six; all available from selfridges.com
Life & Style blogs
Looking past the search results: Google 2.0 will 'build airports and cities' says report
Jennifer Lawrence nude pictures leaked: Reddit removes 'The Fappening' board dedicated to sharing naked pictures of celebrities
iPhone 'Wave': iOS 8 hoax claims you can charge your iPhone in the microwave - you can't
A bottle of wine a day is not bad for you and abstaining is worse than drinking, scientist claims
iOS 8: how to free up memory on your iPhone or iPad to install the update
- 1 Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
- 2 Stamford Hill council removes 'unacceptable' posters telling women which side of the road to walk down
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude pictures' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence 'The Fappening' scandal
- 4 Alex Salmond: 'The rocks would melt with the sun before I'd ever set foot in the House of Lords'
- 5 Ice Bucket Challenge: US firefighter Tony Grider dies after participating in charity craze near power lines
£70000 - £80000 per annum: Ashdown Group: Group Head of Marketing and Communic...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: Level 3 Nursery Nurse required for ...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: L3 Nursery Nurses urgently required...
Negotiable: Randstad Education Manchester: We have a number of schools based S...