The fashion experts: Smellies in crackers
The world of beauty may already have Christmas gifting wrapped up in the form of sets of smellies, but a host of brands has also branched out into crackers to ensure lunch goes off with a bang. Instead of flinging the usual cheap plastic keyrings into the nooks and crannies of your dining room, there are skincare and beauty miniatures to please the most discerning of guests.
For mixed parties, a set from Kiehl's (£35) containing mini skincare treats for men and women will engender some good-natured swapping, while each of Maison Martin Margiela's newsprint crackers (£40) contains a 7ml bottle of (Untitled), the brand's unisex fragrance.
For luxury lovers, Estée Lauder (£45) and Lancôme (£50) both have offerings that combine the skincare excellence and much-loved make-up that have made the brands global powerhouses. Lancôme's selection includes its much-loved Hypnose mascara, a Juicy Tube lipgloss and the lovely smelling and gently effective eye make-up remover, Bi-Facil, as well as a beauty tip instead of a lame joke. While lovers of all things traditional will find enclosed a paper hat to put a smile on their beautifully made-up face.
Sets of six; all available from selfridges.com
Life & Style blogs
Britain's kitchens so filthy that they present a health risk, says new research
The world's first edible garden of cake
Fashion Revolution Day: wear your clothes inside out and ask #whomademyclothes to support worker welfare
KickassTorrents down: new Isle of Man domain taken offline just hours after launch
You don't need to do 'one iota' of exercise to lose weight, says scientific study
- 1 'We're not heroes, just tourists': Swedish police officers on holiday stop vicious assault on New York subway
- 2 Black Mass trailer: Johnny Depp might have started making good films again
- 3 Head transplant: man will be attached to new body in under an hour and aim is immortality, doctor says
- 4 Jacob Lescenski and Anthony Martinez: Straight student asks gay friend to High School prom and makes a million Twitter friends
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
Voluntary: Cancer Research UK: We’re looking for someone to support our award ...
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus + car allowance + benefits: Ashdown Group: H...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Application Sup...
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Excellent benefits: Ashdown Group: Systems Analyst...