The future has landed: The hottest designers to watch out for at London Fashion Week
Saturday 18 February 2012
Louise Gray & Nazir Mazhar
Gray is a maverick of print and colour, specialising in loud, proud knitwear with bolshy embellishment (showing tomorrow). Mazhar is one of Britain's most ingenious hatters, imbuing classic shapes with futuristic cool.
'Laura Palmer blue' was coined for Nicoll's space-age and sports-couture collection, based on the heroine of Twin Peaks and rendered in a matte, modern shade of cornflower. Showing tomorrow.
Known for his ultra-feminine, cyborg, body-con silhouette, Schwab's look has elongated and matured for spring 2012. Showing tomorrow.
Central Saint Martins-trained Katrantzou is known for her palimpsests of prints, which feature everything from florals to goldfish. Showing Tuesday.
Maarten Van Der Horst
The Dutch designer bisects garish tropical prints with antique
petticoats for a look inspired by retro drag queens. Showing as
part of Fashion East on Monday.
Touted as one of the brightest young lights on the schedule, JW Anderson's futuristically tectonic dresses mix sports references with an ultra-luxe finish. Showing today.
Styling: Gemma Hayward
Photos: Rupert Tapper
Model: Agnes at IMG
Make-up: Holleigh Gallon using Laura Mercier
Hair: Zoe Irwin at Frank using GHD
Photographer's assistant: Mickey
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Alan Rickman admits editing 'terrible' script with friends in Pizza Hut behind backs of writers on Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 US? China? India? The 10 biggest economies in 2030 will be...
- 4 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 5 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
£18000 - £23000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£16500 per annum: Recruitment Genius: A Chiropractic Assistant is needed in a ...
£18000 - £26000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: They work with major vehicle ma...
£28000 - £30000 per annum: Recruitment Genius: This company provides coaching ...