The future has landed: The hottest designers to watch out for at London Fashion Week
Saturday 18 February 2012
Louise Gray & Nazir Mazhar
Gray is a maverick of print and colour, specialising in loud, proud knitwear with bolshy embellishment (showing tomorrow). Mazhar is one of Britain's most ingenious hatters, imbuing classic shapes with futuristic cool.
'Laura Palmer blue' was coined for Nicoll's space-age and sports-couture collection, based on the heroine of Twin Peaks and rendered in a matte, modern shade of cornflower. Showing tomorrow.
Known for his ultra-feminine, cyborg, body-con silhouette, Schwab's look has elongated and matured for spring 2012. Showing tomorrow.
Central Saint Martins-trained Katrantzou is known for her palimpsests of prints, which feature everything from florals to goldfish. Showing Tuesday.
Maarten Van Der Horst
The Dutch designer bisects garish tropical prints with antique
petticoats for a look inspired by retro drag queens. Showing as
part of Fashion East on Monday.
Touted as one of the brightest young lights on the schedule, JW Anderson's futuristically tectonic dresses mix sports references with an ultra-luxe finish. Showing today.
Styling: Gemma Hayward
Photos: Rupert Tapper
Model: Agnes at IMG
Make-up: Holleigh Gallon using Laura Mercier
Hair: Zoe Irwin at Frank using GHD
Photographer's assistant: Mickey
Life & Style blogs
- 1 Bad cattitude: Family call police after crazed and 'hostile cat with a history of violence' attacks baby before attempting to 'flee custody'
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
£20000 - £25000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: One of the largest mobile advert...
£20000 - £23000 per annum: Inspiring Interns: Our client specialises in creati...
£30000 - £50000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Private Cli...
£30000 - £35000 per annum + Very Competitive Salary: Austen Lloyd: Residential...